• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

dream team with surnames beggining with G

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is just another "Name an XI" thread that crops up every few days. If you don't like them, ignore them. Geeze. :mellow:
Mostly, if you look back carefully, I do.

This particular one just came at near enough exactly the same time as that other one I'd posted a similar comment in, and I found it even more ridiculous.

archie mac

International Coach
H - anyone?

Hutton
Hobbs
Hammond
Headley
Harvey, Neil
Hill, Clem
Healy
Hadlee
Hughes, Mervyn
Holding
Hohns

Trevor Hohns is the weak point there - I couldn't think of a decent spinner who started with H. Hirst could come in for Hill as an allrounder if worried about only four bowlers, but with a pace trio of Hadlee, Holding and Big Merv, I'm fairly comfortable having the extra batsman...
Should this be another thread?

Anyway here is an Aussie one:)

Hayden
Hassett
Hill (C)
Neil Harvey
Kim Hughes
Hussey
Healy (wk)
Hawke
Merv Hughes
Hordern
Hogg

Matt79

Global Moderator

Hayden
Hassett
Hill (C)
Neil Harvey
Kim Hughes
Hussey
Healy (wk)
Hawke
Merv Hughes
Hordern
Hogg
You'd really have Bob Hawke in your team?

Anyway - "A"

Atherton, Michael
Arthurton, Keith
Adams, Jimmy
Attapattu, Marvin
Armstrong, Warwick
Ames, Les+
Afridi, Shahid
Akram, Wasim
Allen, Gubby
Ambrose, Curtly
Alderman, Terry

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mostly, if you look back carefully, I do.

This particular one just came at near enough exactly the same time as that other one I'd posted a similar comment in, and I found it even more ridiculous.

There's a lot of ridiculous threads and posts flying about the place. But you'll get that.

These threads usually have a lifespan of 2-3 days and then die. However, by making a fuss, this 'ridiculous thread' is still around.:ph34r:

archie mac

International Coach
You'd really have Bob Hawke in your team?

Anyway - "A"

Atherton, Michael
Arthurton, Keith
Adams, Jimmy
Attapattu, Marvin
Armstrong, Warwick
Ames, Les+
Afridi, Shahid
Akram, Wasim
Allen, Gubby
Ambrose, Curtly
Alderman, Terry
Here is an A for Australia, I am waiting for Q

Andrews
Ken Archer
Armstrong (C)
Atkinson
Ron Archer
Bill Alley
Anderson (wk)
Angel
FE Allan
PJ Allan
Alderman

Here is an

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: I had a break from the forum for over a year and you guys are still at each others throats
Well... don't know why you expected any different (if you did).

And BTW, I had a break of none-too-shorter length.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's a lot of ridiculous threads and posts flying about the place. But you'll get that.

These threads usually have a lifespan of 2-3 days and then die. However, by making a fuss, this 'ridiculous thread' is still around.:ph34r:
I know you'll get that, and frankly I wish you wouldn't.

And IMO it takes quite some nerve to say that I am then the one knocking important current threads off the top page (as if that matters) when I dig a few threads up.

Fiery

Banned

Hayden
Hassett
Hill (C)
Neil Harvey
Kim Hughes
Hussey
Healy (wk)
Hawke
Merv Hughes
Hordern
Hogg
Kiwi team:

Hadlee,W (capt)
Horne,M
Howarth,G
Hastings,B
Harris,Z
Harris,C
Hadlee,R
Hopkins,G +
Howarth,H
Hadlee,D
Hayes,J

12th man: B Hadlee

I reckon it would give the Aussie H's a run for their money

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No Blair Hartland? And I'd love to see Royden Hayes there, simply because he was so terrible...

Fiery

Banned
No Blair Hartland? And I'd love to see Royden Hayes there, simply because he was so terrible...
Forgot about Blair Hartland. Must have lost him among the crowd of mediocre post- Wright/Edgar opening batsmen we churned out then promptly dropped. (He still holds the NZ domestic one-day record for highest score of 161 though you know). Roydon Hayes:1 ODI, no wickets. He can carry the bags

Matt79

Global Moderator
"M"
Morris
Mohammad, H.
Macartney
Miandad
McCabe
Miller
Marsh
Marshall
Murali