• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Matches

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
16 game Aussie winning streak, arguably the best Australian side in a decade with Warne and McGrath at their peaks, a couple of their batsman in crazy good form, India blown out the first game, blown out in the first innings......

Personally, I've never watched another game that was any better, or even close.

Bouncer

State Regular
VVs's was fine inning but one can not ignore the silk touvh anwar was in at hobart, alot of people do not remember that inning when Pak were close to 200(190+) in deficit and Anwar and Youssaf played amazing inning in last session and took Pak from 190.....oh wair that was Brisbane...my bad.:-O :-O :-O

But still in Hobart Pak seemed doomed when Aussies were 1/190 following Pak's 220+ and then collapsed to Saqlain and waqar's brilliance...who unlike Harbhajan didnt even have any Umpire's assistance....this is one of the biggest factor i'd rate Hobart as better of two games as the teams competing is more fair (except 4th inning where couple of decisions went into Aussie favor, but thats cricket) and more competitive envirenment and it were the Touring team and not the host who looked to win the game.

so Hobart, it is.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
VVs's was fine inning but one can not ignore the silk touvh anwar was in at hobart, alot of people do not remember that inning when Pak were close to 200(190+) in deficit and Anwar and Youssaf played amazing inning in last session and took Pak from 190.....oh wair that was Brisbane...my bad.:-O :-O :-O

But still in Hobart Pak seemed doomed when Aussies were 1/190 following Pak's 220+ and then collapsed to Saqlain and waqar's brilliance...who unlike Harbhajan didnt even have any Umpire's assistance....this is one of the biggest factor i'd rate Hobart as better of two games as the teams competing is more fair (except 4th inning where couple of decisions went into Aussie favor, but thats cricket) and more competitive envirenment and it were the Touring team and not the host who looked to win the game.

so Hobart, it is.
So we can mark the Kolkata Test down for dodgy decisions in India's favour, but write off decisions in Australia's favour in Hobart with a "but that's cricket"? Double standards there.

More importantly, IMO, is that not only are those double standards wrong but they also miss the point of what we're looking at here. The last thing I'd want two such epic Tests being judged on is whether there may or may not have been a wrong umpiring call or two here and there. Both matches showed so much of what is magical about Test cricket, and should be remembered as such.

Last edited:

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Kolkata.
Most everything has prob been mentioned about this match. One item was that India did not have a batsman who scored 250+ prior to this, being the only Test nation lacking such landmark (even Zim, SL, NZ achieved).
SRW could've avoided the defeat but in eagerness to extend win streak paid the price in courting defeat instead.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

so Hobart, it is.
Pick Hobart, if you feel it is the better test match. Just dont post Bull****.