• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Matches

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand why. It was a fantastic performance from Laxman and Dravid. Even the most stringent Aussie fan has to appreciate that.
My statement doesn't mean i undervalue the greatness of the performance, its just the circumstances that surrounded it, i.e i was 12 years old, my fanatacism for the game was at its peak so was belief that Australia couldn't be beaten (given Australia were in the 16 game streak) so for me to wake up from 4:00 in the morning 2 midday on consecutive days, missing half a day @ school & watch those two blokes bat out that entire day & Australia get bowled in the other was at the time as bad as losing yourgirlfriend yo.

But as i've gotten older & that fanatic behaviour died out i definately, do respect how good that performance was but that effect won't go away. So in this case had give the tied test the nod.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Having a tough time deciding between the two. Would've voted for either one of Barbados or Hobart had they made it in, so I'll go for my trend of voting for superb knocks against superb attacks and vote VVS.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Two worhty finalists to round off a great battle (I bet you no one does "Battle of the ODIs") but I vote - by the margin that England won the 2005 Edgbaston Test - for the Tied test.