• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Textbook Top 7

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
itstl.....I always thought it referred to a slightly more tan/darker skin tone :laugh:
Well, it sorta does.

Like you wouldn't say it about anyone with particularly pink/pasty skin. But most really pasty people have blonde/red/mouse brown hair.

The saying certainly applies to Alistair Cook, anyway.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For the current lot:

Alastair Cook
Che Pujara
Hashim Amla
Virat Kohli
Kevin Pietersen
Michael Clarke/ Younis Khan
AB de Villiers (w)

Can't think of a keeper with a better textbook technique.
I was wondering whether Kane Williamson should be in the discussion here.

watson

Banned
Trust Monk and Watson to do an All Time list despite it being against the rules. :laugh:
Monk and I thought that retired players were allowed.....

Only three rules:
1. Openers must have opened in test cricket
2. Must include a wicket keeper who has kept in test cricket
3. Current players only

A lineup I've quickly knocked up:

1. Michael Hussey - RETIRED
2. Daren Ganga
3. Rahul Dravid - RETIRED
4. Jacques Kallis - RETIRED
5. Sachin Tendulkar - RETIRED
6. Ashwell Prince
7. Abraham de Villiers (wk)

watson

Banned
Anti Textbook Top 7

01. Andrew Hilditch
02. Kris Srikkanth
03. Haroon Rasheed
04. Peter Willey
05. Simon Katich
06. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
07. Alan Knott

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Pujara
2. Warner
3. Williamson
4. Kohli
5. Bell
6. du Plessis
7. BJ Watling +

All people I'd associate with being relatively orthodox and 'textbook'. Bell especially; no idea how he's missing out on VIIs here.

Riggins

International Captain
1. Pujara
2. Warner
3. Williamson
4. Kohli
5. Bell
6. du Plessis
7. BJ Watling +

All people I'd associate with being relatively orthodox and 'textbook'. Bell especially; no idea how he's missing out on VIIs here.
totally agree with most but du plessis? no way you'd show him to a kid as an example. doesn't even hold the bat normal.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I was struggling to think of another current Test-playing batsman with a textbook technique, and couldn't immediately think of much wrong with Faf's.

What's Duminy like on that front?