• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 10-17 Dec

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

andyc - 12,000
PY - 8000
silentstriker - 6000
Dravid - 3000

Thanks to Pasag who is filling in for Alternative. I will not be here for the next couple of weeks, if Marc or any of the other team members would like to take over please let me know.

We are going to have a couple best of the best for the end of the year. We will start with voting for the best Skull, please email me (archie) if you have a favourite you would like to see in the poll.

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar, Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Nightprowler10 (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey, Sobers or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Warne or Bradman awards this week, please let nightprowler10 know, you can contact him at usmangreat@hotmail.com

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Matt79 for this click here some great posts this week, and a real struggle to fine a clear winner. In the end the ‘Giants shoulder’ quote got this one over the line

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is PhoenixFire for this click here , it died a shocking death, but was quite well debated for most of its life :ph34r:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: haroon510 click here we at CW awards like to laugh with our posters not at them; yeah right! :laugh:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Jono , has one this award more then anyone else, but has been awhile since his last Sobers

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: –Ed- click here Well if the Poms get up today, this will not seem so Greigy :unsure:

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: aussie for this click here das man tis un cool:huh:

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Jono , Two awards this week and well deserved, always writes quality posts :cool:

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: aussie tragic great poster, starts a lot of interesting threads, that mostly involve a lot of work. Well deserved winner of the Bradman:cool:

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: JF. trying hard, and has been recognised by the judges this week with two awards, well done

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
JF. Maybe a girl? But we won’t hold that against JF. A good start to CW, just has to remember not to get too personal :happy:

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: No winners this week, we are looking for someone to take over the awarding of the Gatting V Rana, any takers?:unsure:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I swear, really, since this award panel has changed... I have stopped getting awards! :@

LOL me and SS are always the first ones to respond to the awards threads. This proves we are desperate...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah, its all good (not). Congrats to all winners, you guys deserve it (not even a tenth of how much I do). Good to see some new faces in the awards. (enjoy it cause you aren't winning anymore).

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Nah, its all good (not). Congrats to all winners, you guys deserve it (not even a tenth of how much I do). Good to see some new faces in the awards. (enjoy it cause you aren't winning anymore).
Yeah cuz' SS is gonna win next time (not). He will show who is boss and he completely deserves to bag all the awards next time (not even a tenth of how much I do). However, good to see him not get an award this time (he better get use to it).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Turbinator said:
I swear, really, since this award panel has changed... I have stopped getting awards! :@
Usually to be worthy of awards, you need to actually post good things.

I guess I should take this on for a couple of weeks if archie's not around...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hooray another Sobers. Glad to see I've won that more often then most, must be doing something right then. :p And I think that may be my first Sir Geoffrey Award too. :)

Good work as usual guys. Congrats to all winners

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turbinator said:
Stop being lame and i'm sure you'll get another one to add to your already impressive collection.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay now the only things that are going to be written by Turbinator from now on on CW are knowledgeable, sensible, relevant, and useful posts... Starting now.

archie mac

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Usually to be worthy of awards, you need to actually post good things.

I guess I should take this on for a couple of weeks if archie's not around...

Thanks Marc, I will send you the info you need, and let the others know where to send their awards:)

Dravid

International Captain
Congrats to the winner. Will go through the old awards to come up with the best of the best and email it to you on sunday archie.

adharcric

International Coach
Didn't Archie say that we'd have polls to decide the best of the best? Do we (the awards committee) have any role to play here?

archie mac

International Coach
adharcric said:
Didn't Archie say that we'd have polls to decide the best of the best? Do we (the awards committee) have any role to play here?
It would be good if you could go through the old awards and sent me the ones you think deserve to feature in the poll.

I was thinking we could do it for the Skull, Inzi, Greigy, Warne and Afridi?

I remember the very first Skull winner was a real beauty:)

adharcric

International Coach
archie mac said:
It would be good if you could go through the old awards and sent me the ones you think deserve to feature in the poll.

I was thinking we could do it for the Skull, Inzi, Greigy, Warne and Afridi?

I remember the very first Skull winner was a real beauty:)
Sounds good. Perhaps we can all send in the top ten (not in order) for each award that we are responsible for. Then you can conduct the polls. Will that do?