• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most boring batsman in history to watch

adharcric

International Coach
You guys need to get a life. :laugh:

Hopefully you did enough to drive away our newest troll though. Hopefully.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
gilCHRIST2 said:
OK so I'm sure we all agree that it pretty much comes down to five obvious choices.

1. Matthew Hoggard.
2. Boycott
3. Atherton
4. Paul Collingwood
5. Ian Bell

Pick one.
Don't you ever get tired of trying the same act? Go play on the motorway

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
can't believe noone has mentioned Chris Tavare :-O I'll never forget his 18 off about 122 balls with 12 runs coming from edges through the slips

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Boycott batting a whole day at the WACA and not scoring a boundary mustn't have been the most exciting batting ever.

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
zinzan12 said:
can't believe noone has mentioned Chris Tavare :-O I'll never forget his 18 off about 122 balls with 12 runs coming from edges through the slips
I was going to mention him!!! Beat me :dry:

And yes, I'm old enough to remember him :dry:

archie mac

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
Haven't seen you around for awhile mate, welcome back:)

And yes he was slow.

I watched a lot of Boycott, I quite enjoyed him tbh had a great technique, a pleasure to watch, if a little too cautious:)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Greatbatch was pretty bad. First page of this thread must be one of the worst in CW history.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
If you read his bio, you would not know one way or the other, a very modest man
I've never even seen his bio tbh - would be an interesting read I reckon. Worth finding?

Slow Love™

International Captain
James90 said:
Greatbatch was pretty bad.
You're probably thinking of one or two uber-defensive innings he played (the most notable being in 89-90 in Perth) out of necessity, but Greatbatch was actually quite a hitter when he wanted to be, particularly in ODIs. He was one of the first (if not the first) exponents of regularly hitting out in the first ten overs of a one-day innings, and he was pretty exciting in the World Cup out here in '92.

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anyone who thinks Lara, Dravid, Pietersen, Tendulka Ponting and even Kallis at times is boring then I need to ask what planet are you watching cricket from?

Boring test players would go to:
Boeta Dippenaar
Aswell Prince which fair enough did a good job the other day but it wasn't facinating.
Jaques Rudolf
Tresthcotic big time
Ian Bell
8-) :blink:

archie mac

International Coach
The Sean said:
I've never even seen his bio tbh - would be an interesting read I reckon. Worth finding?
Not the worst tbh, but nah give it a miss. If you are going to read an old cricket book go for Googlies by 'Ranji' Hordern:)