Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I think it will be close, and might end up 2-1 SA or 1-1 draw. One test loss doesn't mean SA is a bad team at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

SA aren't the best when it comes to test match cricket. But I'll take a win or a draw
    Everyone Loves Winners

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Choc
    SA aren't the best when it comes to test match cricket. But I'll take a win or a draw
    I reckon Pakistan are good enough to get the draw....but, like India are we good enough to get the win ?
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin
    I reckon Pakistan are good enough to get the draw....but, like India are we good enough to get the win ?
    you should be

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner
    you should be
    I'm not sure about that....Pakistan's batting essentially revolves around 3 players and none of MoYo, Younis or Inzi have brilliant records in RSA.

We'll need good performnaces from the top 3 especially to do well in RSA.

U19 Debutant
    why isn't this a sticky yet? the bank tourney, which starts AFTER is already stickied.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I think we're waiting on India's tour to be finished. One thing we have going for us is that the Indians will hopefully tire the Saffies out.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

well even if shoaib and asif do get banned again

pakistan can still look forward to aussie series and indian series

A little OT, but by some miracle GEO is showing a Pak domestic match. The Karachi Dolphins vs Peshawar Panthers. The main point of interest is the fact that Shahid Afridi is playing for the Dolphins. He comes in at the loss of 2 quick wickets, and one more soon afterwards. So what is his approach? He goes after the bowler of course! A four and two HUGE sixes in the second over he faces. The crowd going bananas.

Edit: Didn't realize I was watching a replay of a 20/20 match. It's amazing the effect Afridi has on the Pakistani crowd. The whole stadium is buzzing when he's on strike. The chant of "Afridi Afridi" is continous.
    Last edited by Fusion; 25-12-2006 at 01:15 PM.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Pak clearly have the better bowling, and reliance on three players or not, they have the better batting too.

There is one guy in the Indian lineup who you can trust to score runs, where Pakistan has three who can all perform. Pakistan has a problem with the top order, but so does India.

Right now, Pakistan are superior in both bowling and batting compared to India. If India can win one match, so can Pakistan IMO.

Saffies are tough at home, and you can't read much into one match, but Pakistan should push them close, especially if Asif and Akhtar play (as it looks they will).

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Pak clearly have the better bowling, and reliance on three players or not, they have the better batting too.

There is one guy in the Indian lineup who you can trust to score runs, where Pakistan has three who can all perform. Pakistan has a problem with the top order, but so does India.

Right now, Pakistan are superior in both bowling and batting compared to India. If India can win one match, so can Pakistan IMO.

Saffies are tough at home, and you can't read much into one match, but Pakistan should push them close, especially if Asif and Akhtar play (as it looks they will).
    Yeah but it wasn't India's skill and on paper stats and reputation that won them the game, it was their heart, aggression, and killer instinct. Pakistan, with Akhtar and Asif, might be better than India on paper... but for Pakistan to win the series, they'll need that same heart, aggression, and killer instinct that India showed in the first Test match.

EDIT: Also, that one guy you're talking about, didn't even need to perform for India to win.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 25-12-2006 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker

These comparisons don't really hold much merit. On paper, our lineup is superior to their lineup and our attack is inferior to their lineup ... but our bowling attack and on-paper titans (Laxman and Ganguly) were responsible for our victory in the last match. The team that plays better cricket will come out on top. The future is to be made and not predicted.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    These comparisons don't really hold much merit. On paper, our lineup is superior to their lineup and our attack is inferior to their lineup ... but our bowling attack and on-paper titans (Laxman and Ganguly) were responsible for our victory in the last match. The team that plays better cricket will come out on top. The future is to be made and not predicted.
    O nice, that's a good one, I'll have to write it somewhere...

it will be good series, difficult to say who will win both ODI's or Tests, but i would go with Pak to win ODI and SA to win Test series

Shoaib Akhtar out of test series, Mohammad Asif however, has been included.

Pakistan's Test squad: Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Younis Khan (vice-captain), Mohammad Hafeez, Imran Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Yousuf, Faisal Iqbal, Asim Kamal, Kamran Akmal, Zulqarnain Haider, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Asif, Danish Kaneria, Shahid Nazir, Umar Gul and Mohammad Sami.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/rsavp...ry/274365.html

Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information