• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

adharcric

International Coach
Asif only deserved a six-month ban IMO, so I hope he gets owned for a few months and then returns to world-class status.

Tbh, I would love to see Asif bowl brilliantly here. :ph34r:

Dravid

International Captain
Asif only deserved a six-month ban IMO, so I hope he gets owned for a few months and then returns to world-class status.

Tbh, I would love to see him get hit for six every ball.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year

What? why? The minimum ban for drugs is two years...how can he only deserve six months?

adharcric

International Coach
What? why? The minimum ban for drugs is two years...how can he only deserve six months?
Haha, I wasn't aware of that. I can make my own rules, can't I? :mellow:

I would tell you my reasoning but I don't want to start another debate about that issue. Cheers.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Whatever, he's a fantastic player and I couldn't care less about it. The PCB should have punished him, but that just shows the incompetency of the PCB (Still better than BCCI, who don't even test their players), and doesn't reflect on the player (that he didn't get banned, not that he cheated).

Last edited:

godofcricket

State 12th Man
I'd love to see him get hit by a stray tinny thrown from the crowd, whatever it does to our reputation.. I'd pin him if I was at the ground
Ok i can understand why a person might not like asif or akhtar, but seriously that much hatred???? wheres the hatred on PCB????

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'd love to see him get hit by a stray tinny thrown from the crowd, whatever it does to our reputation.. I'd pin him if I was at the ground
That's frankly a ridiculous statement. Here you are bashing the two because you feel they cheated, broke the rules, and got away with it. I can understand your anger as it pertains to that. However, to then advocate harm on them via an unruly crowd (who also would be breaking the rules by the way) reeks of hypocrisy. If you are going to take a moral stand on an issue, please be consistent, even to the other side. Lastly, don't forget that this is only a game. You would be willing to lose respect for your country's reputation by harming visiting players just so you can administer mob justice?? That amazes me. I am not proud of these two players. I agree with you that they should have stayed banned. However, let's not lose perspective and let emotions get the better of us.

Dravid

International Captain
Who else do you hate in cricket? I assume you hate Julius Peppers, Shawn Merriman, and about 60% of the other NFL players too?
Dude I wouldn't hate them if they had got a fair ban. But they are cheats, who got away with **** they did because their Cricket Board is corrupted and doesn't serve justice.

Langeveldt

Soutie
That's frankly a ridiculous statement. Here you are bashing the two because you feel they cheated, broke the rules, and got away with it. I can understand your anger as it pertains to that. However, to then advocate harm on them via an unruly crowd (who also would be breaking the rules by the way) reeks of hypocrisy. If you are going to take a moral stand on an issue, please be consistent, even to the other side. Lastly, don't forget that this is only a game. You would be willing to lose respect for your country's reputation by harming visiting players just so you can administer mob justice?? That amazes me. I am not proud of these two players. I agree with you that they should have stayed banned. However, let's not lose perspective and let emotions get the better of us.
I wouldn't do it, but I'd think about it.. So whats worse, some buffoon such as myself destroying the SA crowds reputation by lobbing a tinny at Asif, or two bowlers on performance enhancing drugs doing as much damage to the whole sports credibility as the match fixing scandal?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dude I wouldn't hate them if they had got a fair ban. But they are cheats, who got away with **** they did because their Cricket Board is corrupted and doesn't serve justice.
But they did the same thing that those other players did. The difference was that the organization reacted differently, not the players. In each case, the players are equally guilty. From the players perspective, how is it different?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I wouldn't do it, but I'd think about it.. So whats worse, some buffoon such as myself destroying the SA crowds reputation by lobbing a tinny at Asif, or two bowlers on performance enhancing drugs doing as much damage to the whole sports credibility as the match fixing scandal?
Overreaction, don't you think? It's more like ball tampering or claiming a catch as a fielder when you dropped it. Meaning, breaking the rules to give yourself an advantage.

Fusion

Global Moderator
If you do hurl something at them, what moral right do you have to criticize them? They broke a rule and so would you. They brought disrepute to the game and their country, and so would you. As for your question about what's worse, I think if it became common and accepted practice for crowds to become violent against players, it would cause far greater damage then two players taking steroids. Both are offenses, but the ramifications of visiting players (even cheats if you will) being abused by the crowd are far more serious than whatever disrepute those said players caused to the game.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nah not really, I'm absolutely foaming that two of the leading lights in what is a good team to tour South Africa are full on cheats before they even step on the field.. Anyway I've made my point and don't really want to labour it any more than I have done..