• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The coolest Cricketer today

simmy

International Regular
LOL.. Awesome thread...

For the last couple of decades you would have to say that Warne was pretty cool. As of today's game... Gayle and Flintoff... Damien Martyn was pretty chilled out too.

burr

State Vice-Captain
simmy said:
LOL.. Awesome thread...

For the last couple of decades you would have to say that Warne was pretty cool.
LMAO!!!!! Warne is the complete opposite of cool, a total try-hard if ever there was one.

Cricketers struggle to be cool - cricket is just not a cool game. But... Sangakarra (spelling?), Vettori is cool - hee hee, I love Daniel.

tornato

Cricket Spectator
Dravid said:
Who do you think is the coolest Cricketer in the modern era? Gayle, Monty, or maybe McGrath?

I have to say Gayle. Love his expressions, one of the coolest guys ever to play the game.
sangakarra savin sri lanka off his own bat

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chris Gayle is easily the coolest in my books, with Sangakarra, Pietersen and Vettori come in seond equal.

Perm

I'd have to say Monty Panesar in a geeky kind of way is pretty damn cool.

grecian

Chris Gayle, the others just look needy in reflection of his coolness, I'm afraid.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to go with the crowd and say Chris Gayle here too, and in my lifetime I'd also rate Viv, Holding and M Waugh high on the cool factor as well.

And a personal hero - Wasim Akram. I always wished I could just run in, whip my arm over with no particular leap or stretch, and do things like that with the ball.