• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
_Ed_ said:
Really? From an NZ point of view I agree!
He is a terrible one day bowler, Clark was heading for similar figures to the famous Micky Lewis and was probably lucky he didnt get chosen to finish his spell or else i'd say that would of been the end of his test career before it started.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Commonwealth Bank Series 2007

One-Day International Series: Commonwealth Bank One Day International Team/England/New Zealand (2007)

12 Jan 2007 Commonwealth Bank One Day International Team v England @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
14 Jan 2007 Commonwealth Bank One Day International Team v New Zealand @ Bellerive Oval
16 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ Bellerive Oval
19 Jan 2007 Commonwealth Bank One Day International Team v England @ The Gabba
21 Jan 2007 Commonwealth Bank One Day International Team v New Zealand @ Sydney Cricket Ground
23 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ Adelaide Oval
28 Jan 2007 Commonwealth Bank One Day International Team v New Zealand @ WACA
30 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ WACA
02 Feb 2007 Commonwealth Bank One Day International Team v England @ Sydney Cricket Ground
04 Feb 2007 Commonwealth Bank One Day International Team v New Zealand @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
06 Feb 2007 England v New Zealand @ The Gabba
09 Feb 2007 1st Final @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
11 Feb 2007 2nd Final @ Sydney Cricket Ground
13 Feb 2007 3rd Final (if needed) @ The Gabba

*schedule corrected

mikeW

I really can't wait for the one dayers to start( because the test series is becoming so predictable :cool: ), i plan on going to the first match at the G. Should be an absolute cracker, hopefully we bat first and make plenty of runs.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
mikeW said:
He is a terrible one day bowler, Clark was heading for similar figures to the famous Micky Lewis and was probably lucky he didnt get chosen to finish his spell or else i'd say that would of been the end of his test career before it started.
Ignoring the fact that he's bowled well on a number of other occasions, sure.

He's not a great ODI bowler, but he's not done badly and he's certainly going to get a position in the team ahead of the likes of Tait and Harwood, with an eye to the world cup. The main bowlers used will be McGrath, Lee, Bracken, Johnson, Clark and Hogg. If anyone else gets a run in the series it'll probably be Ben Hilfenhaus. Tait's not being looked at as an ODI option I don't think, certainly not ahead of any of those bowlers.

mikeW

FaaipDeOiad said:
Ignoring the fact that he's bowled well on a number of other occasions, sure.

He's not a great ODI bowler, but he's not done badly and he's certainly going to get a position in the team ahead of the likes of Tait and Harwood, with an eye to the world cup. The main bowlers used will be McGrath, Lee, Bracken, Johnson, Clark and Hogg. If anyone else gets a run in the series it'll probably be Ben Hilfenhaus. Tait's not being looked at as an ODI option I don't think, certainly not ahead of any of those bowlers.
i forgot about 'the house' he looks like a very good young prospect. Tait just has that wicket taking ability which i think will be very handy for the one day team Doesnt he have lowest SR in domestic cricket of anyone?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
mikeW said:
i forgot about 'the house' he looks like a very good young prospect. Tait just has that wicket taking ability which i think will be very handy for the one day team Doesnt he have lowest SR in domestic cricket of anyone?
Yeah, I think he could be a handy ODI bowler, but they obviously see him as a test prospect only at the moment. With Lee already in the team and Johnson getting an extended run in ODIs I doubt they'll go for another "quick" bowler who can be expensive at times. Though Johnson is a bit more accurate than Tait, obviously.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
:laugh: That`s XXXX Gold Beach Cricket, something entirely different.
TBH i just thought the only reason they had Walsh was cus they were the 3rd team, pretty bad marketing. They should of had Carins or some random Kiwi.

brockley

International Captain
Harwood seems a far fetched idea now at the age of 32 if stu clark doesn't play then shaun tait i expet would be called up.
I think the fact voges has been called up to the test side means he will have martyns place in the one day side with hussey at 4,cam white certainly is in with a shot tho,but boy is his bowling ever crap he is not good enough with his bowling to play just as a spinner.Shame cosgrove has gone off the boil and jaques too.
Hope england pick a better side than they had at the icc trophy 2 part time spinners in yardy and dalrymple doesn't do it for me.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
are the tickets for this already sold out? sadly i leave perth just before the teams go over but ill be in Sydney for the game on the 2nd and the second final but those are probably both sell outs?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
chaminda_00 said:
TBH i just thought the only reason they had Walsh was cus they were the 3rd team, pretty bad marketing. They should of had Carins or some random Kiwi.
LOL!

That's totally irrelevant to the ODI tri-series man. Totally irrelevant.

Its a little fun thing with the three main cricketing nations of the past.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking forward to a strong showing from New Zealand, Shane Bond and Daniel Vettori to continue their good records against Australia.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What, when England follow up their 3-2 heroic Ashes retention by whitewashing the Aussies and sending them home before the final?

brockley

International Captain
I doubt all the seast to the vb series are sold out.
People were falling over themselves to sign ashes seats not for the vb series,i could be wrong tho.
This would be my side for the vb series.
1 m hayden 2 a gilchrist 3 r ponting 4 m hussey 5 m clarke 6 a symmo he bats too high
7 a voges 8 b lee 9 m johnson 10 n brakken 11 g mcgrath 12th man b hogg 13th man s tait
14th man cam white.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Its unlikely England will reach the finals this time around, once Australia & NZ play at their best England have too many wholes in their ODI team ATM that would cost them IMO

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
brockley said:
I doubt all the seast to the vb series are sold out.
People were falling over themselves to sign ashes seats not for the vb series,i could be wrong tho.
This would be my side for the vb series.
1 m hayden 2 a gilchrist 3 r ponting 4 m hussey 5 m clarke 6 a symmo he bats too high
7 a voges 8 b lee 9 m johnson 10 n brakken 11 g mcgrath 12th man b hogg 13th man s tait
14th man cam white.
can't see why you say Symo bats too high @ 5, he been absolutely brillaint in that position since the last world cup and come on surely Lee will play.

Will they pick 14?, if so i'd do for:

Gilchrist
Hayden/Jaques
Ponting
Watson
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

Back-ups:

Johnson/Clark - not sure if both will be picked, but both will play a part in the VB series
Cosgrove/Voges - same as above
White/Hopes

With Haddin also coming in to give Gilchrist a rest for a few games.