Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81

Thread: CW awards for the first week of Dec

  1. #31
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,989
    English English is the right way of speaking it. Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

  2. #32
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire
    English English is the right way of speaking it. Fact.
    It's an opinion, not a fact. Otherwise America would have stuck to English, instead of developing their own version of it. When I talk in person I use slang, and street talk anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

  3. #33
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    It's an opinion, not a fact. Otherwise America would have stuck to English, instead of developing their own version of it. When I talk in person I use slang, and street talk anyway so it doesn't matter to me.
    Technically the correct and proper way of speaking English is the way that it is spoken in England. That is fact, not opinion.

  4. #34
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Okay then America's official language isn't English. It's American English. If they have their own language, then that doesn't mean some other language is the right way to go.


  5. #35
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40,023
    America does not have an official language, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  6. #36
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    America does not have an official language, actually.
    Okay then, the most spoken language.

  7. #37
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Btw while we are on this topic I might as well mention I hate the English accent. No offence to anyone here, but I hate how the word can't is said. It's the most annoying thing ever.

  8. #38
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,989
    I'm not sure whether everyone says this, but I don't actually think that English people have an accent at all. Most people pronounce things like it says in the Oxford dictionary (which is the offically correct way of saying it), and doesn't have an accent at all. Except maybe if you have a specific regional accent, then it sounds fairly flat and normal, and correct to the dictionary.

  9. #39
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire
    I'm not sure whether everyone says this, but I don't actually think that English people have an accent at all. Most people pronounce things like it says in the Oxford dictionary (which is the offically correct way of saying it), and doesn't have an accent at all. Except maybe if you have a specific regional accent, then it sounds fairly flat and normal, and correct to the dictionary.
    The oxford dictionary has some annoying ways to say words then. Seriously I feeling like ripping my brain out of my head when I hear the word Can't "the way it's supposed to be said". I can't explain in words what goes on in my head when I hear it.

  10. #40
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,989
    Is this in a particular regional accent, of just the flat english way of saying it, because when you say it normaly, it doesn't sound remarkable.

  11. #41
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Btw while we are on this topic I might as well mention I hate the English accent. No offence to anyone here, but I hate how the word can't is said. It's the most annoying thing ever.
    "the English accent"? There's many. And they're all so different. Well, apart from the southern ones. They all sound the same tbh.

  12. #42
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire
    Is this in a particular regional accent, of just the flat english way of saying it, because when you say it normaly, it doesn't sound remarkable.
    I guess the normal way of saying it in England. The way it's said in US is much more easy on my brain.

  13. #43
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Posts
    29,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Btw while we are on this topic I might as well mention I hate the English accent. No offence to anyone here, but I hate how the word can't is said. It's the most annoying thing ever.
    You mean English people don't say it like "Ceeeeaannttt"
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  14. #44
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,957
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire
    I'm not sure whether everyone says this, but I don't actually think that English people have an accent at all. Most people pronounce things like it says in the Oxford dictionary (which is the offically correct way of saying it), and doesn't have an accent at all. Except maybe if you have a specific regional accent, then it sounds fairly flat and normal, and correct to the dictionary.
    Haha. What are you on about? There's no connection between pronouncing things as they "should be pronounced" and having an accent. An accent is simply a way of speaking that is characteristic to a particular area or group of people. In other words, anyone who can be identified by their way of speaking as being from a particular area can be described as "having an accent". Obviously some people have a fairly non-regional way of speaking, but by definition you can't have an entire region which has "no accent".

    Anyway, English people have more clearly identifiable regional accents than most English-speaking places. Australians for instance have a relatively small range of accents. You can have a reasonable guess that, say, Ian Healy is from Queensland, but most people in Australia have fairly uniform accents. Even someone who isn't English like myself can tell someone from Lancashire from a Londoner or whatever.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

  15. #45
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40,023
    The English accent is dire TBH. Almost as bad as the Appalachian accent.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW awards for the 5th-12th NOV.
    By archie mac in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 14-11-2006, 07:33 AM
  2. CW awards for the first week of Roctober
    By archie mac in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 01:50 AM
  3. CW awards for the end of Sept Start of Oct
    By archie mac in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
  4. CW awards for 17-24 Sept.
    By archie mac in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 25-09-2006, 10:41 PM
  5. CW awards for first week in August
    By archie mac in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 08:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •