I've heard a few "Greats" say recently that Ponting will break all Batting records other than Bradman's 99.94 batting average.
Well here's a few I don't think he'll break:
(1) Highest Test Score - His HS is not even in the top 50 (Lara 400*)
(2) Most Double Hundreds - he only has 4 (Bradman 12, Lara 8, Hammond 7)
(3) Most Triple Centuries - He doesn't have any (Bradman & Lara 2)
(4) Best Strike Rate (>2000 runs) - Gilchrist is miles in front
(5) Most Runs in a Calender year - Viv Richards has 1710
(6) Hundreds in consecutive Innings - Weekes has 5
(7) Hundreds in consecutive matches - Bradman has 6
(8) Most runs in a session - Dennis Compton 173; Hammond 150
What's left other than most runs and most centuries, which is primarily because he will play so many tests
EDIT: Lara seems more likely to break more records than Ponting considering points (1) to (3) and that he is already the highest run scorer, plus only 1 century behind Tendulkar.