• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Disgracefull treatment of a Cricket Legend

andmark said:
Hey it was Darlys choice and it was on tv footage that a player was tampering with the ball.Also yes it is a disgrace.
Can u please name that player who was tampering with the ball & post a link to a video which shows that he was actually tampering?

chipmonk said:
Arjuna's View

Associated Press, Sun November 5, 2006 03:28 EST . DILIP GANGULY - Associated Press Writer - COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - (AP) Former Sri Lanka - captain Arjuna Ranatunga on Sunday welcomed the ICC's decision to ban Australia's Darrell Hair from international umpiring, accusing him of anti-Asian bias. ``He was a wrong man from the beginning to be in the cricket ground. I am happy that he is finally out,'' Ranatunga, who led Sri Lanka - to the World Cup title in 1996, told The Associated Press.
``I thank the ICC for taking the decision, which took a long time, but I think the ICC handled him well. They gave him time and chances, and finally it came to be known that he was not a fair umpire,'' Ranatunga said.
I totlally agree with what Arjuna's said in this statement of his.

FRAZ

International Captain
BhupinderSingh said:
I totlally agree with what Arjuna's said in this statement of his.
No but some people have to go against Arjuna tbh . They have to ! because it's in them to hate Arjuna ! They have to ,even though Arjuna is positive !

FRAZ said:
No but some people have to go against Arjuna tbh . They have to ! because it's in them to hate Arjuna ! They have to ,even though Arjuna is positive !
IMO,Arjuna talks more sense than any of the current/retired Test Captains.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
I respect Arjuna a lot for what he did for SL cricket but I totally disagree with him on this.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Son Of Coco said:
I don't think that's why Hair did what he did personally. It's quite possible he fully believed in what he was doing...there's far better ways to gain yourself some attention without putting your position in jeopardy.
i don't think he believed he was putting his position in jeopardy at that time...why should he? he had grandstanded(grandstood??) before and got away with it(even made money off it by writing a book about it)...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
BhupinderSingh said:
Can u please name that player who was tampering with the ball & post a link to a video which shows that he was actually tampering?
Rather ironic that this user is calling for evidence when the same user said in another thread that my posts were constantly full of racism yet provided no evidence when asked.:D

FRAZ

International Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Rather ironic that this user is calling for evidence when the same user said in another thread that my posts were constantly full of racism yet provided no evidence when asked.:D
He is apparantly right I guess !

jot1

State Vice-Captain
I believe Hair was treated unfairly. I believe we'd all like our captain, employer, family members, whatever, to stand by us if we make a mistake. (If he was mistaken.) I also believe it was the Pakistani's actions that caused the incident to become the media circus it became.
Just as everyone says Hair could have handled it quietly or differently, so could they.

Legglancer

State Regular
jot1 said:
I believe Hair was treated unfairly. I believe we'd all like our captain, employer, family members, whatever, to stand by us if we make a mistake. (If he was mistaken.) I also believe it was the Pakistani's actions that caused the incident to become the media circus it became.
Just as everyone says Hair could have handled it quietly or differently, so could they.
a bit oversimplfied ...... Hair Provoked the situation when he refused to yield to Doctroves suggestion of looking for something as "elementary" as Evidence. So from the getgo common sense was thrown out of the window. Inzy did not react without fault but he was pushed in to this predicament.

archie mac

International Coach
Legglancer said:
a bit oversimplfied ...... Hair Provoked the situation when he refused to yield to Doctroves suggestion of looking for something as "elementary" as Evidence. So from the getgo common sense was thrown out of the window. Inzy did not react without fault but he was pushed in to this predicament.
He was pushed into refusing to come out and play?

Why couldn't he protest at the end of the match?

SA

Banned
Legglancer said:
NF,Its good to see people like U supporting Pakistan in these critical issues:)