• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib 2, Asif 1. Both banned

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm more confortable with the outcome because the decision (as I understand it, without bothering to read the attached article because I'm lazy) was made by an independent third party, that is more than a national authority with no vested interest.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm more confortable with the outcome because the decision (as I understand it, without bothering to read the attached article because I'm lazy) was made by an independent third party, that is more than a national authority with no vested interest.
But, assuming you're referring to this latest decision, it was only made this way because the PCB doesn't allow appeals to CAS (Court of Arbitration of Sports) - which in turn the ICC has allowed international boards to decide for themselves. This obviously means in the case of a bunch like the PCB they'll opt against it.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Lol, the term "with considerable regret" gives me the impression the CAS believed the players in question were guilty and would have banned both bowlers for lengthy periods of time, but they simply didnt have the power due to a technicality which is down to a lack of foresight by whoever wrote the ICC drugs policy.

Personally I believe both players were guilty and its a sham that they got away with it, on the other hand I couldnt care less and I'm glad things were handled with such little integrity by the PCB and they got off scot-free because they are two of the more entertaining bowlers in the world at the moment and I along with 95% of other fans would gain much more satisfaction from seeing them do their thing on the field than face long bans.