• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm yeah. The way the batsman walked away without hesitation makes you wonder though. I would say maybe he bad mouthed the umpire but this isn't ****ing baseball, you can't eject people. It can't be the last ball of a match either as the non-striker never moves. Do get the feeling we've had this video posted before and had discussion on it already.
And the fact that he gives him out? Has definitely been discussed before though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, have deffo seen it before. It's either doctored (doesn't look it tbf tho) or must be hit wicket. Batsman took it waaaay too well for it to have been caught behind.

Dissector

International Debutant
I had started a thread on that bizarre dismissal some time back which discussed some of the possibilities. No conclusion was reached.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just read the thread discussing that dismissal that np10 posted. It's crazy and we need to get to the bottom of it!

To prevent problems like this in the future I am going to recommend that umpires have a different signal for each method of dismissal!

redhotchilipepa

U19 Vice-Captain
The Redbacks and Scorps on YouTube

How's it going cricketwebbers?

Some of you might already know me, but for those that don't; I work at the South Australian Cricket Association as a media/pr/website person who is working with my manager to help bring SACA and the Redbacks into the next century and up to date with technology.

I have recently created a YouTube account for the Redbacks and have a few videos up already showing highlights packages from some matches last season.

We also have a couple of videos of our women's team, the Scorpions.

We will be uploading more videos in the coming months and throughout the next domestic season and the videos we have now are an example of what you may expect to see.
At the moment the videos don't have any audio as they were created using our Fairplay system (which records every ball, of every over, of every match in a season - and there is someone there at each ball to record it in ridiculous detail)

Here is a link to the West-End Redbacks' profile on YouTube:
YouTube - WestEndRedbacks's Channel

Any ideas you have about how to improve our profile/videos would be great!!

Some of our videos;

YouTube - KFC Twenty20 Big Bash Bushrangers v Redbacks MCG Jan 2009
-The Victorian Bushrangers defeat the West-End Redbacks by 8 wickets (1 ball remaining) at the MCG, 2 January, 2009. Redbacks batsman, Dan Harris makes 98 - the highest score to date for a South Australian in the Twenty20 competition.

YouTube - Ford Ranger Cup SpeedBlitz Blues v Redbacks SCG Dec 2008
-The West-End Redbacks defeat the NSW SpeedBlitz Blues by 173 runs at the SCG, 16 December, 2008. Tom Cooper makes his first one-day century and receives man-of the match honours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcw9gMaTOu0&feature=channel_page
-The West-End Redbacks defeat the Retravision Warriors by 9 wickets at the WACA Ground, 26 Feb - 1 March, 2009. Dan Harris makes 124 in the first innings and earns player-of-the-match honours.

Our most popular video:
YouTube - Adelaide Oval western grandstands fly over
-View what Adelaide Oval will look like once the redevelopment of the western grandstand is complete.

Check it out and tell me what you think!:cool:

If Redbacks fans out there have YouTube accounts it'd be great to subscribe to you and vice versa...

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As I said in another thread, my understanding was always that because his last contact with the ground before touching it the second time was outside the boundary, I reckon that it should have been six.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
As I said in another thread, my understanding was always that because his last contact with the ground before touching it the second time was outside the boundary, I reckon that it should have been six.
AWTA. Said it was a six as soon as I saw the replay, before the umpire made the decision.