• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Some ball-by-ball of Lara and Ponting batting together in this match!

Ricky Ponting 115 vs WORLD XI - Tsunami Match MCG 2004/05 - YouTube

Was short-lived but the interaction between them was awesome. Power struggle.

EDIT: Wasn't Ponting just in decent nick at the time, though?
None of the Aussies glove punch, blanket rule against it, but Brian kept on going to do it with him when they were batting together, and Ricky couldn't leave the great man hanging, so reciprocated. Was hanging out to watch video of it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
None of the Aussies glove punch, blanket rule against it, but Brian kept on going to do it with him when they were batting together, and Ricky couldn't leave the great man hanging, so reciprocated. Was hanging out to watch video of it.
haha, that's hilarious. Really? There's a blanket rule? If you're batting with Lara and Lara wants a glove punch, you glove punch Lara. I hope this ends debate about how much of a statesman Ponting is.

Consider this my vote for a glove punch compilation.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
haha, that's hilarious. Really? There's a blanket rule? If you're batting with Lara and Lara wants a glove punch, you glove punch Lara. I hope this ends debate about how much of a statesman Ponting is.

Consider this my vote for a glove punch compilation.
Think you'll struggle to find many of them in FC cricket in Australia.

Not a blanket rule, but "not the done thing".

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone know of any decent length clips involving international team training sessions? Nets, fielding, anything.