Thread: Cricket on YouTube

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    There's some good ones floating around

Allan Donald and Michael Atherton
    Jonty Rhodes and his flying run out
    Dennis Lillee and his aluminium bat
    Fastest bowler competition, 1979
    A tribute to Scott Muller, who "had an international cricket career tragically cut short by a lack of cricketing ability."
    McGrath's spell at Lords
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

School Boy/Girl Captain thedarkmullet's Avatar
    Wow, imagine in McGrath hadn't stepped on that cricket ball

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmullet
    Wow, imagine in McGrath hadn't stepped on that cricket ball
    My word. I'd been looking for that video for ages... and to think that Australians without Foxtel couldn't see it because of the bloody Tour de France.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    My word. I'd been looking for that video for ages... and to think that Australians without Foxtel couldn't see it because of the bloody Tour de France.
    Bunch of idiots on Foxtel!!
    RIP Craigos

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Waqar's ODI 7 - 36 against England.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll0WIBM6QaY&NR

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    No.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

LOL @ Sanga & Freddy. That's gold!
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Flash Poker Champion!
    I have emailed James twice already, he has removed link of other sites where cricket is shown.Yet, youtube is allowed?

If the site is concerned about copyright, why allow youtube? any particular reason for double standards

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    A tribute to Scott Muller, who "had an international cricket career tragically cut short by a lack of cricketing ability."
    I love the song choice.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajeev
    I have emailed James twice already, he has removed link of other sites where cricket is shown.Yet, youtube is allowed?

If the site is concerned about copyright, why allow youtube? any particular reason for double standards
    Because users who view YouTube are not liable for any copyright infringement pertaining to the clip. Only the person/s responsible for the upload.

"In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize YouTube to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service"

...further to...

"However, by submitting the User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube's (and its successor's) business"

That YouTube allows the clips to be shown is exercising the above right, having stated that they are not responsible for any legal hassle pertaining to the supposed owner of the clip (ie person who uploaded it).

EDIT: Worth noting that YouTube also monitors the site for copyright infringement and removes any footage seen to do so when notified. This further lessens the liability of the viewer.
    Last edited by Mr Mxyzptlk; 09-09-2006 at 02:50 AM.

Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Flash Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Because users who view YouTube are not liable for any copyright infringement pertaining to the clip. Only the person/s responsible for the upload.

"In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize YouTube to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service"

...further to...

"However, by submitting the User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube's (and its successor's) business"

That YouTube allows the clips to be shown is exercising the above right, having stated that they are not responsible for any legal hassle pertaining to the supposed owner of the clip (ie person who uploaded it).

EDIT: Worth noting that YouTube also monitors the site for copyright infringement and removes any footage seen to do so when notified. This further lessens the liability of the viewer.

..My Friend, Brilliant Read..Ahem...

I was talking about other sites where video is shown, just like Youtube

BTW, Youtube and any other site doesnt remove the videos unless the provider complaints

Copyright is copyright, however it is interpreted..I am just confused abt cricketweb's policy on this

cricket videos unplugged

How is it different from youtube? video source is from ESPN or SKY or someone else. yet the above blog is *** 'd out? why
    Last edited by Rajeev; 09-09-2006 at 03:19 AM.

PY
    I don't know much about it but isn't it legal because you don't gain your own copy of it from YouTube, you can only use the uploaders license to watch it.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Flash Poker Champion!
    Excuse me?

You mean to say, it's fine to record and upload on Youtube.com (without anyone's permission) but it's not fine to record and upload on your blog/site?

..and even if someone takes a link of youtube.com (which I am not refering to ), it still isn't the issue of asking the uploaders permission unless he went to the live match and recorded a clip

Else, its all copyright ( if u see it that way )

Page 2 of 371 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information