• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

National Stereotypes!!!

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Pothas said:
What happened the last time England and New Zealand met in a test match series?
Don't try and get a rise out of me. I never said NZ was better, but I do take offence at your rather rude one-word dismissal of our team. The point I was making is that it's a bit rich for an England supporter to characterise NZ as inept when you consider how utterly ordinary England had been until the last two years or so.

Test matches aside, I don't remember England taking a one-day game off us. Not bad for a bunch of "inept sheep shaggers."

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Mundane Yogi said:
I often wonder that myself. We have plenty of one day cricket coming up, but there's been stuff all in the way of tests for the last couple of seasons. Also, we've only got two this coming summer, both against Sri Lanka. Now, I've got nothing against them, but they've been here the last two seasons and a bit of variety would be nice.

India were supposed to come, but they postponed. Can't remember why.
Presumably because they don’t like getting rolled out for hundred odd and losing comfortably. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Turbinator said:
Yea i was kinda surprised to but yea they are the highest paid sports team.......60 percent of icc's earnings are through the BCCI........

Hmm, where did you hear that? it would be extremely surprising given some of the salaries of american sportsmen

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mundane Yogi said:
Test matches aside, I don't remember England taking a one-day game off us. Not bad for a bunch of "inept sheep shaggers."
I never called them sheep shaggers, that was steds i believe. I merley called them inept which if you are making broad generalisations by international standards they are.

Dick Rockett

Pothas said:
I never called them sheep shaggers, that was steds i believe. I merley called them inept which if you are making broad generalisations by international standards they are.
Yes, it was steds - wasn't claiming that was you.

As far as broad generalisations go, you can't get more broad or generalised than a one word dismissal. Thanks very much for your well thought out and reasoned analysis 8-)

Dick Rockett

Pothas said:
have you seen the purpose of this thread? obviously not
Yes. Turbinator posted a long, reasonably detailed analysis. You posted an arrogant dismissal.

Whatever. If you get off on picking on those smaller than you, do as you like.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mundane Yogi said:
Living up to your user name, I see.
The Dictionary defines Mundane as being the following..

"common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative; lowly."

it seems Yogi, that you are doing a decent job of living up to yours.

Dick Rockett

sledger said:
The Dictionary defines Mundane as being the following..

"common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative; lowly."

it seems Yogi, that you are doing a decent job of living up to yours.
Wow. Thanks so much for that bit of information. I had no idea what mundane meant.

Post reported.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
nice one, well, i guess someone so banal by their own admission would deliver such an unimaginitive response in what is really a very common post.

anyway on the topic of this thread, newzealand - PAP (as declared in the pap thread).

Dick Rockett

sledger said:
nice one, well, i guess someone so banal by their own admission would deliver such an unimaginitive response in what is really a very common post.

anyway on the topic of this thread, newzealand - PAP (as declared in the pap thread).
I reported you because you seem more interested in insulting me than debating. Your subsequent post is a continuation of this.

One wonders why you come on here if you aren't interested in discussing the topic like an adult.

Reported.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
ha, if the mods here had a problem with the way i conduct myself then they would have told me, i have conversed regularly with the moderators on msn and have been assured my conduct is not a problem, just because you have crawled out of a hole and started whinging won't be changing that, everyone else here accepts it as my way, and that is that, have a nice day Mr Banal.

Dick Rockett

sledger said:
ha, if the mods here had a problem with the way i conduct myself then they would have told me, i have conversed regularly with the moderators on msn and have been assured my conduct is not a problem, just because you have crawled out of a hole and started whinging won't be changing that, everyone else here accepts it as my way, and that is that, have a nice day Mr Banal.
I'm so impressed that you're nicely cosied up to teacher. Make sure to take a nice shiny red apple with you next time you have one of these "regular conversations" of yours.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mundane Yogi said:
I'm so impressed that you're nicely cosied up to teacher. Make sure to take a nice shiny red apple with you next time you have one of these "regular conversations" of yours.
pot, kettle, black. Such disgusting sentiments arent welcome on this forum, i dont like what you are insinuating, i respect the moderators of this forum and the rules they impose, and i take their words over yours, due to the banal, derogatory nature of you last post, consider yourself reported lowly yogi.

Dick Rockett

sledger said:
pot, kettle, black. Such disgusting sentiments arent welcome on this forum, i dont like what you are insinuating, i respect the moderators of this forum and the rules they impose, and i take their words over yours, due to the banal, derogatory nature of you last post, consider yourself reported lowly yogi.
Oh. My. God. How old are you?

viktor

State Vice-Captain
silentstriker said:
This is a good thread. Dissipates some of the tension thats built up in the past week.
^^^^High hopes....
well..atleast this isn't asia vs the rest.... yet!

Dick Rockett

viktor said:
^^^^High hopes....
well..atleast this isn't asia vs the rest.... yet!
:laugh: Nope. At this stage it's the evil colonial oppressor vs the sheep shagging country bumpkin.