• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 16-23rd of July

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Jamee999 7,000 posts
Sledger 6,000 Posts
Anil 4,000 Posts
GoT_SpIn 3,000 Posts
Matteh 2,000 posts
GeriantIsMyHero 1,000 Posts
Jungle Jumbo 1,000 Posts
Umpire Money 1,000 Posts

Marc and myself would like to welcome forum member ‘alternative’ to the awards team. He is in charge of Posts Milestones. So if you reached a milestone last week, and you are not on the list, well you know who to blame

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: SJS for this click here Some quality research, and some of the games best writers, a pleasure to peruse. :happy:

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is superkingdave for this click here tough choice this week, but we felt this the best of the week, re-discussion it inspired

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman, for this click here it took five reads and a lot of help, but when I finally ‘got it’ I had a good :laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: honestbharani, ‘I’ve been everywhere man’, good week of posting, well done

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: howardj click here Maybe if he has a bad first Test howardj can inspire him to even greater heights

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Neil Pickup click here I managed to follow this, which is a bit of a worry :huh:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: wpdavid, well argued quality posts, sprinkled with a lot of knowledge this week.

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: BoyBrumby in great form this week, always attempts to see the other persons point of view, and knows his stuff

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: sangita, has contributed well this week, especially with contributions like this one click here

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Anna click here competition is a wonderful thing, and with quality pics like these this award is in safe hands

The SS award for the biggest …….(I am sure most of you will know what this award is for, and the winner is: Scaly piscine click here we were going to award SP the SS for his many whinges this week, but in the end we could not go past this spray of poor Panesar. This is just outside the time frame but still a worthy winner

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
alternative said:
What post are we talking about??
In the Top End Series thread, he suggested that Langer would be dropped from the test team, as he was past his best, averaging only 30 odd in his last 5 tests, and only 20 odd "so far" for Somerset, from one first class game.

The next day he made a triple century.

archie mac

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
In the Top End Series thread, he suggested that Langer would be dropped from the test team, as he was past his best, averaging only 30 odd in his last 5 tests, and only 20 odd "so far" for Somerset, from one first class game.

The next day he made a triple century.
A bit of a mix up, we had another post for the Inzi and the Greig was suppose to go to the one that in the end won the Inzi :wacko:

Have I cleared it up now8-)

Steulen

International Regular
OK, next week is mine...get that Mark Richardson Award ready, because this is post 989 and counting.