• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
^Perhaps on the 45 page self assessment they revealed that they didn't eat their weetbix with sugar on top.

But there is some truth to what I am saying with the vast number of data points they collect it could have been for reasons that you and I don't know anything about.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Definitely think one of Gillespie or Wagner should have received a contract over one of our limited overs allrounders - surely we don't need all of Oram, Franklin and Ellis.

In saying that I'm not sure which of those 2 I would have picked or who I would have left out.
counting Oram as two people so I can leave out both Franklin and Ellis personally

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Just so you all know, Andrew Ellis was placed higher than Gillespie in the Test weightings done by messers Lloyd and Harry at NZC.

Sounds crazy, but absolutely true. Hence why Gillespie didn't get a contract.

Mike5181

International Captain
Just so you all know, Andrew Ellis was placed higher than Gillespie in the Test weightings done by messers Lloyd and Harry at NZC.

That's just ridiculous.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Seems like we are going to pass through a dark time in NZ cricket history.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ummm, you do realise that we've won 3 tests in the last 5 years (not counting zimbang)...
Read this wrong - on first read through -

I am just predicting that some frustrating Lee Germon style selections will be made.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Jet lag and all I am fresh from a 23 hour flight to Canada via Los Angeles. The Blackcaps were on my flight to LA. They rocked up to the boarding gate in suits - with Doug Bracewell hating being in a suit from his body language. And then once on board they changed into shorts and t shirts - suits back on again in the morning when we disembarked.

They were standing all around me when I picked up my baggage so I just turned to Martin Guptil and said good luck in the West Indies. He must hear that all the time. So he just said thanks man.

Dean Brownlie had the flashiest shoes to go with his suit if that means anything.:ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, it's all in fun. Was Ross munching on chicken wings?
:)

I think if I had've observed what they had eaten and taken notes Athlai would have informed the armed defenders squad.:ph34r:

Phone call will go something like this:

"There's this guy called Hurricane and I think he's dodgy"
"Can you give us any more detail to go on son"
"He has 5000 posts"
"We'll get back to you mate".

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Why didn't they pick Ellis in the Test squad then?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And, if Ellis was picked, there still wouldn't be one :ph34r:
Touche, sir.

Apparently Kim Lawnbowls is talking up Ellis as a fixture in the Test side over the next 2 years. Why anyone gives a flying F about what this nobody thinks is beyond me but he's part of the process.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm now convinced Lawnbowls reads my posts defending unfashionable players and is jumping on the fetish a little too eagerly.