• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your English Cricket Season: 2008

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Cracking game tonight at the County Ground...

Exeter U12 191-3 [20.0]
Honiton U12 22 [12.0]

Thank God we lost the toss.
How many batsman retired?

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Thats cool that you play at Yelverton, I love it there, like being on the edge of the world and one of the few places that if you get badly lost you could still die of exposure next to some hill sheep..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jungle Jumbo said:
How many retirees?
Augstberger run out 8; Thomson bowled Collins 19; Steward 32ret; French 30ret; Wilkinson 28*; Knight run out 1. Extras (byes 3, leg byes 1, no balls 16, wides 53) 73...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Augstberger run out 8; Thomson bowled Collins 19; Steward 32ret; French 30ret; Wilkinson 28*; Knight run out 1. Extras (byes 3, leg byes 1, no balls 16, wides 53) 73...
:laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
(byes 3, leg byes 1, no balls 16, wides 53) 73...
I am guessing that given the number of wides the vast majority of no-balls were from high full tosses/beamers?

Who coaches these guys. 69 no balls and wides is impossible to comprehend for people who are actually interested and trying.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Goughy said:
I am guessing that given the number of wides the vast majority of no-balls were from high full tosses/beamers?

Who coaches these guys. 69 no balls and wides is impossible to comprehend for people who are actually interested and trying.
There was one that bounced five times, and two for return crease over-stepping - but yeah, the others were full tosses (beamers suggest that the batsman was in peril). There are 2 runs each for a wide or no ball, so it's not as hideous as it initially looks. Most players were clearly very, very new to the game.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
There was one that bounced five times, and two for return crease over-stepping - but yeah, the others were full tosses (beamers suggest that the batsman was in peril). There are 2 runs each for a wide or no ball, so it's not as hideous as it initially looks. Most players were clearly very, very new to the game.
Were you the harsh umpire who gave the two no balls for overstepping?

The Baconator

Good game today against Wednesbury, we got 139-3 off our 20, me finishing unbeaten on 16. Then we got some early wickets and they just blocked it out to be 60-6 at the end. Our opening bowler was a bit unlucky though, he didn't bowl that well until his last allotted over, where he got two wickets with his last two balls, so he's on a hat trick for the next game.

open365

http://seasonsinthesun.wordpress.com/

I played 2 games over the weekend, one for my club's 4th team on saturday in which i played as a bowler and only bowled 3 bloody overs, so i've decided i've got better things to do on a saturday than play for them, and on the sunday i played for west darby old boys on a ture village ground,it was fantastic,there were outrageous slopes each side of the ground, so much so that when you stand at the pavillion, your feet are at the same level as the batsman's head. I got 3 wickets from 3 overs including 2 in 2 balls, next ball i promptly bowled a harmlesss delivery outside off stump.

open365

And Lancashire are playing at my clubs ground so i get to miss 4 days off school to go see it on 'work experience' or somehing cause im tkain GCSE PE,how cool is that?and i get to meet the players.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In fairness to myself I do explain why when I call return crease no-balls... most kids don't even know what that line's for.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
I played a match on Sunday for RACS mens team agains Hornchurch. I couldnt believe it when Roger Telemachus, the South African One day international player was playin for Hornchurch. What does he usually bowl, because he bowled spin against us. Is he a fast medium bowler like my mate said he is?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
no1_gangsta_786 said:
I played a match on Sunday for RACS mens team agains Hornchurch. I couldnt believe it when Roger Telemachus, the South African One day international player was playin for Hornchurch. What does he usually bowl, because he bowled spin against us. Is he a fast medium bowler like my mate said he is?
Your mate was correct.

I hope he was playing as an amateur as I would not be happy, if I was club chairman, if I had an International quality seam bowler as my pro and he decided to bowl spin!!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
after my smashing 26 runs for the 4th team yesterday( I was dropped from the 2nds to no side...they called me up in need of players) and 20 overs of quality keeping (not to bad really..took 2 catches) 2 overs of chinaman(15 runs against me...the balls that did came out were pretty good, good experimentating with it)
I played 3rds today, we bowled 1st, I was brought on at a score of 60/4 when I was done they were 91 all out I took 4/16 in 8, very nice, 2 wicket maidens in a row.
then we batted it out in 24 overs methinks, I umpired for 15 overs was freeezing cold.
good win :) and very happy with my 4r

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Exeter University IV 131 Richards 18, Spurrier 18, Pickup 13, French 4-24, Cheverton 3-19
Mardon Halls XI 124 Cheverton 39*, Biddick 35, Harrison 3-16, Thurgood 2-29, Pickup 2-38

Finally.