Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Off Spinners!

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kweek
    I'll join, you''ll have both of CW's youth internationals
    although our action is offspin; our balls turn like leggies...hmm
    aren't you left arm leg spin (chinamen)?
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    aren't you left arm leg spin (chinamen)?
    Nah. He's a Giles wannabe.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Just seeing if there is any off spinners out there who want to join the OSS (Off Spinners Society). Some people may see this as a rip off the LSU (Pie Throwers Union), but i don't care.

We got the best bowler of all time in Murali (anyone who wants to start a Warne v Murali Thread, the door over there) and some of the great bowlers of all time in Lance Gibbs, Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Hugh Trumble and Jack McNamara.

So its time for a club/society of our own to pay tribute to these greats and celebrate the great and ever changing art of off spin bowling.

So any off spinners out there, it doesn't matter if your part time or regular offie, that want you join just put your name here and i'll send you your membership package in the mail.
    I used to bowl slow medium in swing so count me in. Its more like an off break than what Chandrashekhar bowled

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Nah. He's a Giles wannabe.
    Ahh now it all makes sence, man only Tarick and me are the regular offies that signed up, the rest have been part timers. Where are all the offies on CW.

I'd be really interested in taking part (either as a player, or as part of the staff) of a spinner's academy, much like Dave Watt's pace bowling academy (WRT CW stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    I'd be really interested in taking part (either as a player, or as part of the staff) of a spinner's academy, much like Dave Watt's pace bowling academy (WRT CW stuff).
    Yeah i was considering asking Halsey and Pratush about that starting something like that up in CWXI as they a Co-Presidents of the LSU. Maybe i should start up a thread in CWXI.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer mefly's Avatar
    What do you think of Dan Cullen? he is a high chance of replacing Warne in the 2nd Test against Bangladesh, Warne injured. Good chance in one dayers too.
    I RULE!!

Quote Originally Posted by mefly
    What do you think of Dan Cullen? he is a high chance of replacing Warne in the 2nd Test against Bangladesh, Warne injured. Good chance in one dayers too.
    I don't think his ready for Test Cricket even against Bangladesh (as they are showing their no easy beats). Once he gets his averages below 30 in FC, then you can even start thinking about playing him in Tests. I would give Symonds another game, the extra batsmen would have been quite handy in the 1st innings.

I don't think his ready for Test Cricket even against Bangladesh (as they are showing their no easy beats). Once he gets his averages below 30 in FC, then you can even start thinking about playing him in Tests. I would give Symonds another game, the extra batsmen would have been quite handy in the 1st innings.
    or Jacques?

Here's one for you. Despite improving as a bowler, Cullen will never get his career Pura Cup average back below 30.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Here's one for you. Despite improving as a bowler, Cullen will never get his career Pura Cup average back below 30.
    Im not necessarly taking career average, Monty will never get his career average under 30, but he averaged under 30 last season. If he can go a season averaging under 30, his taken the next step to be good enough to play Test.

EDIT: Bad example Monty does have his average below 30 for the moment
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 11-04-2006 at 10:02 PM.

cullen is also a handy batter

Quote Originally Posted by mefly
    cullen is also a handy batter
    hasn't really shown it yet, his FC average of 14 is boosted a lot by 10 not outs out of 28 innings. If i was MacGill and he made the side i would be disappointed if i was batting below him. But then again he would probably prefer to bat at 9, then Clark or MacGill.

Icon14

Dan Cullen would be as good as Brett Lee against Bangladesh, he would probably bat better than most of the Australian batters did in 1st innings!

Yeah I am an off spinner... Not a very good one but still decent enough to have played Wellington Under 17's

I am not a huge turner of the ball, just pretty accurate with my areas and smart. As a result I finished with a College Cricket average of 11 or something. Probably didn't move it enough off the pitch to go any further in the game and had a rest this summer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information