Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2278

Thread: **Official** Australia in Bangladesh

  1. #31
    Hall of Fame Member Jamee999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    15,094
    Carn the Tigers!
    Or something.

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

  2. #32
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    That's the whole point, it came against Kenya so proves absolutely nothing about their standing in ODIs against the Test playing nations.
    Well, earlier they couldn't score 300 against anyone and the same Kenyan team used to beat them easily. This BD team has beaten Kenya as easily as any other test team does.

  3. #33
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Just found this guy on Google Images who looks like the kind of chap who could make a return to form by destroying the Bangadeshis..



    His name is Mick Lewis..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  4. #34
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Mick Lewis broke Muralitharan's record.


  5. #35
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Well, earlier they couldn't score 300 against anyone and the same Kenyan team used to beat them easily. This BD team has beaten Kenya as easily as any other test team does.
    I guess so, but I still don't see how 1 300 score against a rubbish attack means that not only are they no longer minnows, but they're "a cricketing super-power"
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  6. #36
    State Vice-Captain sirjeremy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I guess so, but I still don't see how 1 300 score against a rubbish attack means that not only are they no longer minnows, but they're "a cricketing super-power"
    Agreed. Bangladesh are improving, but they are no cricketing super power. They are going to lose to Australia pretty convincingly, but I am sure you will see signs of improvement.
    We will NEVER forgive "Umpire" Ian Robinson

  7. #37
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    152
    Well BD are nowhere near super powers but they are starting to come out of their "minnows" status.

    Lets not get carried away. Most BD fans know that they will be thrashed, we'll see what happens.

    All we expect from out boys is a fight, to put a price on their wicket and to bowl and field decently.

    We are certainly not considering any victoriers in the test. I think if we can push it to a 4rth day we would be happy and a 5th day well you've got yourselves a winner.

    But we are certainly hoping that the ODI's will be closer. We would love to beat them atleast once just to show that it wasnt a flash in the pan but thats highly unlikely.

    In anycase just seeing the Australian team playing in BD is a sight in itself.

  8. #38
    State Vice-Captain sirjeremy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by fishyguy
    Well BD are nowhere near super powers but they are starting to come out of their "minnows" status.

    Lets not get carried away. Most BD fans know that they will be thrashed, we'll see what happens.

    All we expect from out boys is a fight, to put a price on their wicket and to bowl and field decently.

    We are certainly not considering any victoriers in the test. I think if we can push it to a 4rth day we would be happy and a 5th day well you've got yourselves a winner.

    But we are certainly hoping that the ODI's will be closer. We would love to beat them atleast once just to show that it wasnt a flash in the pan but thats highly unlikely.

    In anycase just seeing the Australian team playing in BD is a sight in itself.
    Thanks for such a balanced view and post.

  9. #39
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,968
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    I'd bet you 50 pounds he wont..
    You sure you can afford it? Your life is in debt to me. I don`t know if you have 50 pounds.
    Jesus saves

    proudly supporting Liverpool FC

  10. #40
    U19 12th Man crickmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    258
    I was just wondering, since Bangladesh's win over Australia last year was the #1 upset of all time, now if they beat them again, how it will be ranked? Will it be a new #1 again superceding the previous one, or it won't be on the list of 10 at all? What you guys think?

  11. #41
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by crickmate
    I was just wondering, since Bangladesh's win over Australia last year was the #1 upset of all time, now if they beat them again, how it will be ranked? Will it be a new #1 again superceding the previous one, or it won't be on the list of 10 at all? What you guys think?
    Largely depends on the context of the win, but probably not due to a) they've already done it and b) they're on home soil, and the spinners could come into play.

  12. #42
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,017
    Anyone else loving the Aus-Bangladesh advertisements that are being aired on Fox Sports to promote the series? The video package of Ashraful's ton and Bangladesh's win is so cool.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  13. #43
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Anyone else loving the Aus-Bangladesh advertisements that are being aired on Fox Sports to promote the series? The video package of Ashraful's ton and Bangladesh's win is so cool.
    Brings back great memories of one of the funniest nights of cricket watching - ever.

  14. #44
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Brings back great memories of one of the funniest nights of cricket watching - ever.
    Honestly, for me personally the word I would use is "funny". It was hilarious to see these larger than life, almost rockstar like, Australian bowlers having no answer to the Bangladeshi batsmen. The way Ponting was repeatedly discussing tactics with his bowlers, I found that hilarious!

    The funniest moment was Aftab Ahmed a 19 yr old kid hitting Jason Gillespie for 6 and tying the game.

    The look on Pontings face after that was just priceless.

    I've watched that game many times and I just can't help but laugh. For a BD fan its really the most surreal experience. Part of me still dosent want to beleive it happened. I have to watch it every few weeks just to make sure it wasnt a dream.

    Having said that I doubt there will be anything funny about how Australia play this time around.

    But you never know.....

  15. #45
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Quote Originally Posted by crickmate
    I was just wondering, since Bangladesh's win over Australia last year was the #1 upset of all time, now if they beat them again, how it will be ranked? Will it be a new #1 again superceding the previous one, or it won't be on the list of 10 at all? What you guys think?
    Won't be happening, you don't need to worry about stuff like that..

Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN's Legends of Cricket
    By Francis in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 31-08-2007, 03:52 AM
  2. Sim a match
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 31-12-2006, 03:03 PM
  3. Bangladesh U 19s in Australia
    By Kasper in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 14-04-2005, 09:04 PM
  4. Ganguly's achievements
    By ReallyCrazy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 24-08-2004, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •