• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 12th - 19th of March

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
DanielFullard said:
Nice idea.

Is this thread done every week?

I get a real sesne of community from this board and I think Ill be sticking around
Haha yeah you should, it's a great place. Although, in future, you might want to not double post :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Nnanden. He has been all over the tour threads, WI in NZ, Aust. In SA. Eng in India, with lots of opinions. Even his Sig shows all-rounder tendencies.
Sounds kinky. :naughty:

Thanks for the Skull, archie. It's an award I will cherish as much as my prize for "best radish" at the Hukanui Primary School Garden Show in 1986.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
DanielFullard said:
Nice idea.

Is this thread done every week?

I get a real sesne of community from this board and I think Ill be sticking around
We heard you the first time - just chose to ignore you

;)

Archie's only started this up in the last couple of weeks, with help from Marc.

This place has a number of long-time members - I think it started in 2001 but there was a large influx of us (about 20 ;)) joined in 2002 when a couple of other message boards shut up shop. Since then it's grown exponentially. James Nixon and all the staff with the exception of Neil Pickup are all thoroughly nice individuals.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
Sounds kinky. :naughty:

Thanks for the Skull, archie. It's an award I will cherish as much as my prize for "best radish" at the Hukanui Primary School Garden Show in 1986.
Praise indeed - especially when it was a magic radish and the source of all your journalistic powers.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I don't even like radishes though. I'm don't think I even grew it - which is symbolic of my plagarising tendencies.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
I don't even like radishes though. I'm don't think I even grew it - which is symbolic of my plagarising tendencies.
I love a good Radish. I collect them and rank them from 1-10 based on looks, personailty and charisma

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
If you didn't grow it, who did? Or maybe no-one did. Possibly it's a 'false' memory placed there by the telepathic parasitic arthropods.

:scared:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
<Voltman looks around to find where the tune to the Twilight Zone is blaring out from>

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
luckyeddie said:
This place has a number of long-time members - I think it started in 2001 but there was a large influx of us (about 20 ;)) joined in 2002 when a couple of other message boards shut up shop. Since then it's grown exponentially. James Nixon and all the staff with the exception of Neil Pickup are all thoroughly nice individuals.
What have I done this time? :huh:

And I'm appalled that Aussie hasn't carried the Greig.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh: Cheers for the award.

Though I demand Aussie wins something. He`s been trying so hard. :D

Good system you have going here. :)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
This is great stuff guyz.. has been my favourite place for a while now..
congrats to all the winners :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
And I'm appalled that Aussie hasn't carried the Greig.
It was too easy - and he wasn't the only one.

Besides, posthumous awards aren't that good IMO.

Langeveldt

Soutie
archie mac said:
8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Langeveldt, always happy to have a laugh even at his own expense (check out his avatar) we just wish he would learn how to spell Chappelli. Well done Langeveldt.
Wahey!

Fivers in the post