• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best cricket sledge

slowfinger

International Debutant
Indeed. Heard someone use that the other day during a game, he was suspended for the rest of the season, and rightly so.
He also said to Shaun Pollock "Hey guys comeon guys 10 MIllion supporters waching this guy bat lets have him!" or something along that lines im sure.:happy:

slowfinger

International Debutant
He also said to Shaun Pollock "Hey guys comeon guys 10 MIllion supporters waching this guy bat lets have him!" or something along that lines im sure.:happy:

No sorry its this "Ah lots of pressure here for the skipper eh? Gonna let his own country down. Ah lots of expectations fellas! *Mumbles something i can't really pick out* Man of the country! 42 million supporters right here! Depending on Shaun!"

Clever no?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

cricketerboy

Cricket Spectator
sometimes these work

this guy has got more blocks then lego land
this guy is having more misses then King Henry 8th
(look at the back of the batsmen bat) and ask "what is that sh** on your bat" ( they look at the back) and say "no the other side"
Are you sure there's not instructions on the back of the bat

your own team:

we says this to our young spinner:

yeah that's nice (Birtie), throw in a wide ball, good variation

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stuart Broad was called Baywatch during the Ashes series because of his resemblance to Pamela Anderson. The Aussies also sand "Dude looks like a lady" when he came out to bat

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
The one about the splinter, my mate used and the umpire just laughed and called him a cheeky sod.
Funniest sledge i've heard in a game we'd just smashed this team for 245 in a 20 over game, and they hit a 4 off first ball, and the wicketkeeper just said "must be a batting side". - Probably not an awesome sledge but made me laugh.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
After hitting the batsmen on the groin, shortleg asks the bowler "pick the correct ball" then a pause "Oh, my bad, there's only one ball"

SamNewman999

Cricket Spectator
The best sledge I have recently Heard

Right during one of our league matches my mate decided to take up the position of wicket keeper, and him being who he is decided to try a bit of sledging, suprisingly he came out with a great comment. A batsmen was failing to take adavnateg of our lesser known bowlers so when it went deadly silent my mate from behind the stumps shouted to the team,

'The batsmen reminds me of an old man in a night club, hes stands around for hours and fails to score'!

Its a 'you had to be there' moment, cuz our whole team went up in hysterics.

:laugh:

SamNewman999

Cricket Spectator
Recent occurence

Yesterday we played a team who had lost all there matches thus far. We bowled them out for a dismal 73 (last year we bowled them out for 21!) and we got off to a slow start and i came to the crease shortly followed by my mate. we needed 50 odd to win.

This bowler was bowling who thought a lot of himself. Due to the terrible pitch conditions he managed to get the ball around the shoulders and i caught on to him and decided to hook him for four followed by a full toss which i also put away. The final ball of the over was half decent so i played a defensive stroke. And this was greeted with a smart comment ' I didnt see you hit that for 4 you ****' Im not one for letting things go, so i returned the abuse about his shcokingly terrible bowling.

His team got behind him and started with the old 'walking wicket' qoutes we finally needed 6 to win off god knows how many overs and at this time the lad was still going off on one so i thought id shut him up. The ball was bowled at a shorter length and i rocked back and pull it towards cow corner into the field nearby. Knowing that it was going to carry beyond the boundary i smiled at the heated bowler and instantly took off my gloves, bat under my arm and walked off :)

slowfinger

International Debutant
Must try these:
C'mon lads he's got more edges than a dodecahedron
Buckle your seatbelt lads he's driving without a liecense
Send these bails to Wales, stumps to the dumps!
Hang on lad's he'll catch something hes been fishing so long!
Hes got more misses than King Henry the Eighth!
He's got more roll's than a Pucka pie!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yesterday we played a team who had lost all there matches thus far. We bowled them out for a dismal 73 (last year we bowled them out for 21!) and we got off to a slow start and i came to the crease shortly followed by my mate. we needed 50 odd to win.

This bowler was bowling who thought a lot of himself. Due to the terrible pitch conditions he managed to get the ball around the shoulders and i caught on to him and decided to hook him for four followed by a full toss which i also put away. The final ball of the over was half decent so i played a defensive stroke. And this was greeted with a smart comment ' I didnt see you hit that for 4 you ****' Im not one for letting things go, so i returned the abuse about his shcokingly terrible bowling.

His team got behind him and started with the old 'walking wicket' qoutes we finally needed 6 to win off god knows how many overs and at this time the lad was still going off on one so i thought id shut him up. The ball was bowled at a shorter length and i rocked back and pull it towards cow corner into the field nearby. Knowing that it was going to carry beyond the boundary i smiled at the heated bowler and instantly took off my gloves, bat under my arm and walked off :)
It is satisfying to simply end the game and say nothing though, isn't it?

Recall playing indoor decades ago in a final against a mob who were right full of themselves. Got to the last over, we're three in front. I said to my partner I'd just play the ball into the nets where possible and we wouldn't run as we were in front.

this bloke, all full of misplaced (in his case) machismo was giving me a horrible bake as I just defended ball after ball, played three of them into the nets, so we're now 6 in front.

Comes the last ball of the match, it's perfectly pitched on middle stump, so I shouldered arms and let it bowl me, so we won by one.

Just shook hands, said "thanks fellas, better luck next year" and walked off.

Satisfying tstl.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not appropriate in the slightest, daghetto, regardless of the language. Have deleted your posts (and Burgey's that quoted it).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Must try these:
C'mon lads he's got more edges than a dodecahedron
Buckle your seatbelt lads he's driving without a liecense
Send these bails to Wales, stumps to the dumps!
Hang on lad's he'll catch something hes been fishing so long!
Hes got more misses than King Henry the Eighth!
He's got more roll's than a Pucka pie!
Are you by any chance 11 years old?