• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indias tour to NZ cancelled.

brockley

International Captain
Next season nz's only international commitment will be the VB series and the chappell hadlee trophy in february.Altho there is talk of another world xl touring NZ to replace the indian tour,and give them a warm up to the world cup,there is also talk that NZ may extend their tour to australia and play more games against state teams.

Blaze

Banned
Gutless from India. Who the hell do they think they are?

How come NZ gets threatened with fines when they threaten to not go to Zimbabwe (for actual decent reasons) but suddenly India are allowed to pick and chose who they play and where they tour. The fact that they don't think our pitches will help them adapt to the West Indian ones for 2007WC is irrelevant, they have defied the ICC's touring schedule.

The shear arrogance of the whole thing is bearly believable. India aren't even a good side ffs.

I think it is an outrage.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:

How come NZ gets threatened with fines when they threaten to not go to Zimbabwe (for actual decent reasons) but suddenly India are allowed to pick and chose who they play and where they tour. The fact that they don't think our pitches will help them adapt to the West Indian ones for 2007WC is irrelevant, they have defied the ICC's touring schedule.

The shear arrogance of the whole thing is bearly believable. India aren't even a good side ffs.

Definately gutless Blaze.

Although the difference is that India can buy their way out of it. The 2 or 3 million dollar fine (or whatever it is) is nothing to India, whereas for Snedden and NZ cricket, it;s a significant amount. It's that simple. NZ can't afford to.

I think its a disgrace that the ICC simply let India pay their way out. Aren't the ICC supposed to act for the good of the game, not for the convenience of India?

Natman20

International Debutant
New Zealands already having financial troubles with tours scrapped (I guess they finished Sri Lanka series off) like Zimbabwe tour. Its going to hurt them more when India don't come. India are just being selfish and should not be allowed to control their own schedule. What gives them the right to do differently to everyone else? NZ aint playing enough cricket as it is.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Its a joke. India are suggesting they don't want to come here before the World Cup because the pitches were poor. If I recall correctly they still made the World Cup final in 2003 AND they need to look at recent scores being made in NZ to see that the pitches are a damn sight different.

So it seems they're now going to pick & choose when & where they tour from now on. stuff em.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Blaze said:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Doesn't matter Deja Moo, this was poor from the BCCI. They should have gone to NZ and played the tour. You've been defending them recently but this is pure crap.

Deja moo

International Captain
Jono said:
Doesn't matter Deja Moo, this was poor from the BCCI. They should have gone to NZ and played the tour. You've been defending them recently but this is pure crap.
yeah, I realize that, that was kinda unrelated to this. I still can't get over the hypocrisy of the ICC in blaming the BCCI time and again after the ridiculous programme they have drawn up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, the ICC suck. But that's kind of irrelevant to this matter. I actually was looking forward to an India vs. NZ series some time next year, and the NZ tour didn't negatively effect India's WC campaign anyway. Plus, its unlikely we'll get the same pitches in that series as were seen in 2002/03.

Ah this really annoys me, can't imagine how you NZ fans are feeling.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
From the press release....

Martin Snedden, the New Zealand Cricket chief executive, said the agreement to postpone the tour was reached last year after the ICC brought the World Cup forward by a month. "The flow-on effect was to leave insufficient time for the scheduled India tour during the mid-February to late-March 2007 window," he said. Snedden said New Zealand's build-up for the World Cup would not be "detrimentally affected" as they were due to play the Champions Trophy, the VB Series and the Chappell-Hadlee Series before the tournament.

Mutual consent, people - nothing to see here, move along.

Dissector

International Debutant
Well, personally I would like to see a NZ tour soon because it's been almost 40 years since India has won a series there and I think this team could set that record straight. However if it was a mutually agreed decision caused by a change in the WC schedule I don't see that there is anything much to complain about.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol @ so many people getting worked up when it was a mutually agreed decision. The NZC is to be blamed as much as the BCCI, if not more, for the current decision.

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
lol @ so many people getting worked up when it was a mutually agreed decision. The NZC is to be blamed as much as the BCCI, if not more, for the current decision.
But still doesn't change the fact that the BCCI chose not respect its committments and claims to be protecting the Indian players. But...

Martin Snedden, the New Zealand Cricket chief executive, said the agreement to postpone the tour was reached last year after the ICC brought the World Cup forward by a month.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/233591.html

So, at least its not part of BCCI's new campaign against FTP.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
pug said:
But still doesn't change the fact that the BCCI chose not respect its committments and claims to be protecting the Indian players. But...

Martin Snedden, the New Zealand Cricket chief executive, said the agreement to postpone the tour was reached last year after the ICC brought the World Cup forward by a month.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/233591.html

So, at least its not part of BCCI's new campaign against FTP.
That is the point. And BTW, England were supposed to tour Bangladesh before the WC as well, but now they are not going to. Is that because England are gutless as well? 8-)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
That is the point. And BTW, England were supposed to tour Bangladesh before the WC as well, but now they are not going to. Is that because England are gutless as well? 8-)
Yes, absolutely. They are scared of the prospect of Rikki Clarke taking Lara's record - and who am I to argue?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
luckyeddie said:
Yes, absolutely. They are scared of the prospect of Rikki Clarke taking Lara's record - and who am I to argue?
I thought they were more worried about Antony McGrath overtaking Freddie Flintoff and Gary Sobers in the all rounders' stakes. :p

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the problem with a tour to NZ? They're not playing them Kiwis exery year, are they? This group is as bad as the Dalmiya gang, who seem to put political muscle-power ahead of the game.

Blaze

Banned
If India had still wanted to come then the tour would have gone ahead IMO.

It doesn't take a particuarly smart person (ie me) to work out who the catalysts behind it are.