Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Indias tour to NZ cancelled.

International Vice-Captain

Indias tour to NZ cancelled.

Next season nz's only international commitment will be the VB series and the chappell hadlee trophy in february.Altho there is talk of another world xl touring NZ to replace the indian tour,and give them a warm up to the world cup,there is also talk that NZ may extend their tour to australia and play more games against state teams.

Gutless from India. Who the hell do they think they are?

How come NZ gets threatened with fines when they threaten to not go to Zimbabwe (for actual decent reasons) but suddenly India are allowed to pick and chose who they play and where they tour. The fact that they don't think our pitches will help them adapt to the West Indian ones for 2007WC is irrelevant, they have defied the ICC's touring schedule.

The shear arrogance of the whole thing is bearly believable. India aren't even a good side ffs.

I think it is an outrage.

So in 2005 we had 7 test matches, in 2006 is it actually possible that we will play less?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

How come NZ gets threatened with fines when they threaten to not go to Zimbabwe (for actual decent reasons) but suddenly India are allowed to pick and chose who they play and where they tour. The fact that they don't think our pitches will help them adapt to the West Indian ones for 2007WC is irrelevant, they have defied the ICC's touring schedule.

The shear arrogance of the whole thing is bearly believable. India aren't even a good side ffs.

Definately gutless Blaze.

Although the difference is that India can buy their way out of it. The 2 or 3 million dollar fine (or whatever it is) is nothing to India, whereas for Snedden and NZ cricket, it;s a significant amount. It's that simple. NZ can't afford to.

I think its a disgrace that the ICC simply let India pay their way out. Aren't the ICC supposed to act for the good of the game, not for the convenience of India?

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    New Zealands already having financial troubles with tours scrapped (I guess they finished Sri Lanka series off) like Zimbabwe tour. Its going to hurt them more when India don't come. India are just being selfish and should not be allowed to control their own schedule. What gives them the right to do differently to everyone else? NZ aint playing enough cricket as it is.

Tim
    Its a joke. India are suggesting they don't want to come here before the World Cup because the pitches were poor. If I recall correctly they still made the World Cup final in 2003 AND they need to look at recent scores being made in NZ to see that the pitches are a damn sight different.

So it seems they're now going to pick & choose when & where they tour from now on. stuff em.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Meh. The ICC programme is a joke anyway.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Doesn't matter Deja Moo, this was poor from the BCCI. They should have gone to NZ and played the tour. You've been defending them recently but this is pure crap.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Doesn't matter Deja Moo, this was poor from the BCCI. They should have gone to NZ and played the tour. You've been defending them recently but this is pure crap.
    yeah, I realize that, that was kinda unrelated to this. I still can't get over the hypocrisy of the ICC in blaming the BCCI time and again after the ridiculous programme they have drawn up.

Yes, the ICC suck. But that's kind of irrelevant to this matter. I actually was looking forward to an India vs. NZ series some time next year, and the NZ tour didn't negatively effect India's WC campaign anyway. Plus, its unlikely we'll get the same pitches in that series as were seen in 2002/03.

Ah this really annoys me, can't imagine how you NZ fans are feeling.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    From the press release....

Martin Snedden, the New Zealand Cricket chief executive, said the agreement to postpone the tour was reached last year after the ICC brought the World Cup forward by a month. "The flow-on effect was to leave insufficient time for the scheduled India tour during the mid-February to late-March 2007 window," he said. Snedden said New Zealand's build-up for the World Cup would not be "detrimentally affected" as they were due to play the Champions Trophy, the VB Series and the Chappell-Hadlee Series before the tournament.

Mutual consent, people - nothing to see here, move along.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Well, personally I would like to see a NZ tour soon because it's been almost 40 years since India has won a series there and I think this team could set that record straight. However if it was a mutually agreed decision caused by a change in the WC schedule I don't see that there is anything much to complain about.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    lol @ so many people getting worked up when it was a mutually agreed decision. The NZC is to be blamed as much as the BCCI, if not more, for the current decision.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

pug
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    lol @ so many people getting worked up when it was a mutually agreed decision. The NZC is to be blamed as much as the BCCI, if not more, for the current decision.
    But still doesn't change the fact that the BCCI chose not respect its committments and claims to be protecting the Indian players. But...

Martin Snedden, the New Zealand Cricket chief executive, said the agreement to postpone the tour was reached last year after the ICC brought the World Cup forward by a month.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/233591.html

So, at least its not part of BCCI's new campaign against FTP.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information