• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indias tour to NZ cancelled.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah right...like NZ would have had a huge say in the matter. The BCCI probably told them they weren't coming and NZ really don't have the power to do anything about it.

If the NZC said that NZ wouldn't be touring India, would they get away with it? probably not.

Natman20

International Debutant
NZ must play the least amount of International cricket out of all the international countries possibly bar Bangladesh and Zimbabwe whereas countries like India and Australia are playing all the time. It is bothering me that tours are becoming a rarity in New Zealand :mellow:

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Apparently Sri Lanka are going to be coming back again as they were scheduled to play the Zimbo's and we all know what happened there. NZ have yet to confirm, but the Lanks think that is all go. I hear on radio.

And hey, there is still a chance that Bangladesh might come out! Yeah!!!!

I agree that this whole thing is rubbish. If Australia or England or New Zealand decided they didn't want to go to India, they would probably either be racists, or afraid of how "great" Team India are. But the reality is that EVERYONE wants to tour India, as then they may get India to tour reciprocally (if they deem the tour to be "important" enough), and then they get the chang chang money.

Sri Lanka AGAIN?!

Natman20

International Debutant
I sure don't want to see Sri Lanka again and wouldn't pay to see them as it would most likely turn out the way the recent tour did. I want India back since they havn't been here since 2002/03. A five year gap between tours to New Zealand is rediculous. The whole schedule is stuffed. New Zealand play Australia in VB series against Australia next year and the Chappel/Hadlee Trophy which is kind of stupid. Bring on the World XI idea again now thats something that I might watch. Like to see the likes of Bichel, Rhodes and Klusner come back again even though they failed miserably last time.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Hell no! No way do I want another World XI series. Look at the one against Australia recently! They just don't care. They aren't going to get dropped, and they are still going to get paid.

World XI? Yeah right.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
If India had still wanted to come then the tour would have gone ahead IMO.

It doesn't take a particuarly smart person (ie me) to work out who the catalysts behind it are.
If you were indeed particularly smart, you would at least know how to spell particularly ;)

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Natman20 said:
NZ must play the least amount of International cricket out of all the international countries possibly bar Bangladesh and Zimbabwe whereas countries like India and Australia are playing all the time. It is bothering me that tours are becoming a rarity in New Zealand :mellow:
I agree Natman. We seem to be the poor cousins of world cricket. Australia, England, South Africa and India play all the time, with three test series the minimum. I can't remember the last time we play a four test series..with the exception of England in 2004 and 1999. Most are just two or three tests. That is just poor. No wonder our test cricket has been languishing the last few years.

No matter how many tests we win in the near future, New Zealand will continue to get awarded whistle-stop tours. The ICC give us no credibility. That really irks me. Maybe during the mid 90's when we were rubbish, but this is a different era.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
Yeah I was saying I am not smart.
I don't know so much - your thinking on this whole India affair isn't too far wide of the mark, I shouldn't wonder.

As has already been said, New Zealand don't get to play a massive amount of international cricket at the moment, and I could certainly see a scenario where they could be influenced into having the India tour postponed.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
You certainly are right. NZ play very few tests especially. Check this out (since the last World Cup) -

2 Test SL (Away)
2 Test Ind (Away)
2 Test Pak (Home)
3 Test SA (Home)
3 Test Eng (Away)
2 Test Ban (Away)
2 Test Aus (Away)
3 Test Aus (Home)
2 Test SL (Home)
2 Test Zim (Away)

Poor. Very Poor. We certainly play a lot of two test series.

At least the next two are 3 test series against WI and SA. We should be playing more series like these.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't get the logic behind the BCCI's latest move. They seem to have no problems playing Pakistan every year and sending the players to do so many advertisements, but a tour of NZ, which happens very rarely and will be fresh relief, doesn't seem to be important.

Then what's more important? Showing political muscle on the floors of the ICC?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
sirjeremy11 said:
You certainly are right. NZ play very few tests especially. Check this out (since the last World Cup) -

2 Test SL (Away)
2 Test Ind (Away)
2 Test Pak (Home)
3 Test SA (Home)
3 Test Eng (Away)
2 Test Ban (Away)
2 Test Aus (Away)
3 Test Aus (Home)
2 Test SL (Home)
2 Test Zim (Away)

Poor. Very Poor. We certainly play a lot of two test series.

At least the next two are 3 test series against WI and SA. We should be playing more series like these.
Yeah that's pathetic really. Far too many 2 test series. I honestly feel for the passionate NZ supporters, because that's unfair. Mind you, that's got nothing to do with the BCCI, that's got to do with the FTP's idiocy. The BCCI didn't help though with them cancelling India's tour (I don't think NZ seriously wanted this tour to be cancelled, so I'm not buying the 'mutual consent' story, technically its mutual consent, but it ain't really).

Craig

World Traveller
honestbharani said:
lol @ so many people getting worked up when it was a mutually agreed decision. The NZC is to be blamed as much as the BCCI, if not more, for the current decision.
Are you sure your not CC in disguise?

And what is wrong with touring New Zealand, there is a more then a few Indians who live in NZ so they can get some support for the matches. And besides it would be good for them to bat on pitches they may not be used too.

I mean last time VVS Laxman played there he couldn't buy a run and Mr Flat-Track Bully (who know the guy who smashed 247 the other day) wasn't so flash either.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
NZ deserves this for making us play on Cow-Dung yards. It's funny to see people blaming BCCI despite knowing the fact that it was mutually agreed decision.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Craig said:
I mean last time VVS Laxman played there he couldn't buy a run and Mr Flat-Track Bully (who know the guy who smashed 247 the other day) wasn't so flash either.
Umm, Virender Sehwag scored two tons during the ODI series, performing better than the other Indian batsman. He was not even half the test batsman then that he is today as well. Unless the idea of batsman improving throughout the years is foreign to you.

I guess you just wanted to join in with that cool phrase around CW, flat-track bully.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
NZ deserves this for making us play on Cow-Dung yards. It's funny to see people blaming BCCI despite knowing the fact that it was mutually agreed decision.
Correction: It was reported to be a mutually agreed decision.

Craig

World Traveller
And like India has never prepared dodgy pitches?

New Zealand still had to bat on them as well or did you forget that? Frankly your lot was out played when you had the same conditions as did the Black Caps.

Blaze

Banned
Sanz said:

How naive are you?

I suppose that depends on what you want to believe.