Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official Bangladesh Domestic Cricket**

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    This is a fantastic thread...it's good to see some interest in Bangladeshi cricket.
    Go Khulna (I have some family from there)!!

Definently backing Sylhet in. There the ones to take glory IMO.

Great work too, JJ.

Would I be correct in saying that Barisal have only won 2 matches in the last five or so years?
    Good to see Ashraful doing well with the ball and Alok finally getting some runs. He's a very talented and competent batsman, really is a shame he never found his feet at the international level.

Add Shamsur Rahman to that top 6 and I would agree with you completely. I've had the pleasure of meeting all of the u19's in person and I must say that Mushfiqur Rahim is the real deal.

With the u19's doing so well I see a bright future for Bangladesh cricket. Team in 5 years....

Shahriah Nafees (c) - McInnes says he will definitely be the next captain of Bangladesh
    Golam Rahman
    Aftab Ahmed
    Mohammad Ashraful
    Shamsur Rahman
    Alok Kapali
    Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
    Mashrafe Mortaza
    Syed Rasel
    Enamul Haque Jnr
    Talha Jubair
    ------------------------
    Nafis Iqbal
    Rajin Saleh
    Nazmul Hossain Milon
    Shafaq Al Zabir
    Shahadat Hossain

Obviously they'll continue throwing inexperienced 19 year olds into the deep end but that's the best I could do from the current players.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo
    Another idea, as most CW members don't follow Bangladesh cricket or havn't until reading this thread, maybe anyone interested could choose a team to support or follow? Your thoughts?
    I'll back Chittagong, seemed like a nice enough place when I visited there. Spent a lot more time in Dhaka, but seeing as they're one of the favourites they probably don't need my support.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

I'm shocked that this thread even exists. I expect to come across one for the American domestic season next.
    I bowl seam-ups and take the pace off the ball.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    The only major concern i see for Bangladesh to be truely competitive in coming years, when there youngsters mature, is their bowling attack. Apart from Mortaza and Haque jnr, they don't look anything special. But in saying that Sri Lanka become competitve with Vaas and Murali leading the bowling attack and i think Mortaza capable of being as good as Vaas if not better. Haque jnr looks the real deal and could be one of the best spinners going around in a couple years. But a lot IMO will depend on Hossain, Rasel and Jubair to be solid Test cricketers.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 01-12-2005 at 06:23 AM.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Interesting news...

Tatenda Taibu, the recently stood down Zimbabwe captain and wicket keeper batsman has been signed up by Dhaka Premier League (DPL) side City Club. Teams are allowed to field one overseas player in the first round, which starts in the second week of December, and two in the super six stage.

PY
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    This not enough to make your mind up?
    Belt up Ginge.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownSymonds
    I'm shocked that this thread even exists. I expect to come across one for the American domestic season next.
    Texas are doing well, apparently. Beat Florida by 379 runs in a 50-over game to qualify for the final of the MLC Interstate Tournament.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Dhaka and Rajshahi Remain Unbeaten in OD NCL

NCL (OD) Scores, Round 3
    (Prominent players in bold)

Dhaka beat Chittagong by 21 runs
    Dhaka 272 for 8 (50) Sajjad Kadir 64*, Mosharraf Hossain 57; Ehsanul Haque 3 for 53
    Chittagong 251 for 8 (50) Nazimuddin 38, Faisal Hossain 62, Dhiman Ghosh 32, Ahsanullah Hasan 41; Mohammad Rafique 3 for 50

After their much-vaunted batting lineup had slipped to the depths of 139 for 7, Dhaka pair Mosharraf and Sajjad added 124, enabling the home side to post a challenging total. Despite various middle order contributions, the Chittagong run chase gradually tailed off and faded away.

Khulna beat Barisal by 68 runs
    Khulna 184 for 8 (50) Manjural Islam Rana 76*, Mohammad Salim 43; Arafat Salahuddin 3 for 22
    Barisal 116 all out (44.5) Mohammad Manjural Islam 3 for 20

Khulna steamrollered the Barisal batting lineup, with their strong attack proving simply too good for a weak away side. Manjural Islam Rana, the international all-rounder held the Khulna innings together with support from number eight Mohammad Salim.

Rajshahi beat Sylhet by 7 wickets
    Sylhet 162 all out (45) Moniruzzaman 48, Alok Kapali 39; Kamrul Hasan 4 for 34
    Rajshahi 166 for 3 (44.3) Farhad Hossain 89*, Naeem Islam 48*

Rajshahi maintained their unbeaten run in the OD NCL, easing to victory after the Sylhet batsmen, other than Alok and Moniruzzaman, performed poorly. Having stuttered to 34 for 3, Farhad and Naeem consolidated before leading the victory charge.

Table
    Batting Averages
    Bowling Averages

The U19s TriNation Tournament continues...

Bangladesh U19 beat England U19 by 5 wickets
    England U19 173 all out (46.4) R Woodman 55; Saqibul Hasan 3 for 25
    Bangladesh U19 179 for 5 (28.3) Tamim Iqbal 112; R Hamilton Brown 3 for 37

Tamim Iqbal smashed 112 from 71 balls with 13 fours and six sixes

Thanks for the comments again, I hope you enjoy the latest reports. I'm a little worried about all the low scores though, it's either due to poor pitches or irresponsible batting, probably both.

Runs Flow Aplenty In National League in Round 3

NCL (FC) Scores, Round 3, Day 1 of

Chittagong lead Dhaka by 334 runs with 4 first innings wickets remaining
    Chittagong 334 for 6 (90) Masumud Dowla 73, Gazi Salahuddin 47, Nazimuddin 86, Faisal Hossain 77*; Mohammad Rafique 3 for 59

Four Chittagong batsman scored fifties as the away side moved into a decent position at stumps. There were century partnerships between Masumud and Gazi, and Nazimuddin and Faisal. National opener and Chittagong captain Nafees Iqbal failed to cash in though; he made just 6. Aftab Ahmed, the international batsman, is absent from the Chittagong side.

Khulna lead Barisal by 305 runs with 2 first innings wickets remaining
    Khulna 305 for 8 (90) Tushar Imran 34, Manjural Islam Rana 108, Saghir Hossain 56, Abdur Razzak 56

Manjural Islam fired his first century of the year, occupying the crease for 224 balls and hitting eleven fours and two sixes. He recieved support from both Saghir and Razzak as Khulna closed firmly in the ascendancy, especially given their prolific bowling attack.

Rajshahi lead Sylhet by 236 runs with 2 wickets remaining
    Rajshahi 236 for 8 (90) Farhad Hossain 48, Naeem Islam 58; Hasibul Hossain 3 for 40, Enamul Haque jnr 3 for 53

The Sylhet bowlers made good progress in reducing Rajshahi to 197 for 8 before a brief unbroken revival. Naeem Islam continued his excellent form, and although several other batsmen made starts, none could pass the fifty mark. An interesting second day looms.

Bangladesh U19s appear to have hit a real winning formula...

Bangladesh U19 beat Sri Lanka U19 by 62 runs
    Bangladesh U19 281 for 7 (50) Raqibul Islam 121, Medhi Hassan 35, Mehrab Hossain jnr 54; Weerasinghe 3 for 45, Karunanayake 3 for 66
    Sri Lanka U19 219 for 7 (50) Mathews 97, Coory 39

Now that I'm a staff writer, would anyone prefer it if I put the daily NCL updates on the CW home page? It might help to attract the interest of other CW members.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    We're not covering domestic stuff on the main page at present - we cut back on that over a year ago as the coverage was patchy and not doing it justice. We *may* bring it back soon as our staff team is in the best shape it's ever been, but that's something that needs to be much discussed further between the staff.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

That's six consecutive wins from the u19's...all coming against test playing nations. Good to see Rana scoring runs, he's not the most talented but a very determined cricketer.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Definently backing Sylhet in. There the ones to take glory IMO.

Great work too, JJ.
    Jack - I know you're a busy man, but any chance I could get your MSN? Wouldn't mind picking your brain re: a few things. Cheers mate.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    Jack - I know you're a busy man, but any chance I could get your MSN? Wouldn't mind picking your brain re: a few things. Cheers mate.
    He's away in Perth right now for an U19 tournament. Speaking of which, does anyone know if Cricinfo is covering it in anyway? I can't find it..
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information