• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Bangladesh Domestic Cricket**

Chubb

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
He's a relative (cousin, I think) of Kadeer and Kabir - who also shone for the U-19 team, AFAIK. :p
Yes, that is right. But I'm not saying he has the mental ability, I've just heard he is incredibly talented, more than those two. There is a difference between saying someone is sublimely gifted and saying they are bound to have a successful career at international level (Hick, Ramprakash) or even county (Ian Flanagan- You might not know who he is, which is the point really.) *edit* Actually, Flanagan is a dreadful example, I don't know why I said that. Think more Stephen Peters or many others.

Last edited:

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jungle Jumbo said:
Any thoughts on this? I reckon this looks as good as most other international teams will have in 2012. IMO it's certainly more talented than West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe (although I can't see them playing test cricket in 2012!).

Yeah the talent is certainly there...but they lack application especially when it really matters.It is pretty much the story of almost every cricketer in BD that's what Dave Whatmore keeps on stressing all the time.I guess it's also a confidence thing...when they are up against big test playing countries they probably start doubting themselves.So that area needs a lot of work. No I don't have any plans for going to watch a FC match! I only go to watch the international matches whenever an international team is around...but I went to watch a couple of matches of the U-19 WC because it created quite stir over here.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
I'm enjoying the read so please do continue. :)

I haven't picked a team to follow, I'll probably just wait until someone's a clear favourite and pick them. :p
This not enough to make your mind up?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
This is a fantastic thread...it's good to see some interest in Bangladeshi cricket.
Go Khulna (I have some family from there)!!

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Would I be correct in saying that Barisal have only won 2 matches in the last five or so years?
Good to see Ashraful doing well with the ball and Alok finally getting some runs. He's a very talented and competent batsman, really is a shame he never found his feet at the international level.

Add Shamsur Rahman to that top 6 and I would agree with you completely. I've had the pleasure of meeting all of the u19's in person and I must say that Mushfiqur Rahim is the real deal.

With the u19's doing so well I see a bright future for Bangladesh cricket. Team in 5 years....

Shahriah Nafees (c) - McInnes says he will definitely be the next captain of Bangladesh
Golam Rahman
Aftab Ahmed
Mohammad Ashraful
Shamsur Rahman
Alok Kapali
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Mashrafe Mortaza
Syed Rasel
Enamul Haque Jnr
Talha Jubair
------------------------
Nafis Iqbal
Rajin Saleh
Nazmul Hossain Milon
Shafaq Al Zabir
Shahadat Hossain

Obviously they'll continue throwing inexperienced 19 year olds into the deep end but that's the best I could do from the current players.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jungle Jumbo said:
Another idea, as most CW members don't follow Bangladesh cricket or havn't until reading this thread, maybe anyone interested could choose a team to support or follow? Your thoughts?
I'll back Chittagong, seemed like a nice enough place when I visited there. Spent a lot more time in Dhaka, but seeing as they're one of the favourites they probably don't need my support. :happy:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The only major concern i see for Bangladesh to be truely competitive in coming years, when there youngsters mature, is their bowling attack. Apart from Mortaza and Haque jnr, they don't look anything special. But in saying that Sri Lanka become competitve with Vaas and Murali leading the bowling attack and i think Mortaza capable of being as good as Vaas if not better. Haque jnr looks the real deal and could be one of the best spinners going around in a couple years. But a lot IMO will depend on Hossain, Rasel and Jubair to be solid Test cricketers.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

Interesting news...

Tatenda Taibu, the recently stood down Zimbabwe captain and wicket keeper batsman has been signed up by Dhaka Premier League (DPL) side City Club. Teams are allowed to field one overseas player in the first round, which starts in the second week of December, and two in the super six stage.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ClownSymonds said:
I'm shocked that this thread even exists. I expect to come across one for the American domestic season next.
Texas are doing well, apparently. Beat Florida by 379 runs in a 50-over game to qualify for the final of the MLC Interstate Tournament. :p

Jungle Jumbo

Dhaka and Rajshahi Remain Unbeaten in OD NCL

NCL (OD) Scores, Round 3
(Prominent players in bold)

Dhaka beat Chittagong by 21 runs
Dhaka 272 for 8 (50) Sajjad Kadir 64*, Mosharraf Hossain 57; Ehsanul Haque 3 for 53
Chittagong 251 for 8 (50) Nazimuddin 38, Faisal Hossain 62, Dhiman Ghosh 32, Ahsanullah Hasan 41; Mohammad Rafique 3 for 50

After their much-vaunted batting lineup had slipped to the depths of 139 for 7, Dhaka pair Mosharraf and Sajjad added 124, enabling the home side to post a challenging total. Despite various middle order contributions, the Chittagong run chase gradually tailed off and faded away.

Khulna beat Barisal by 68 runs
Khulna 184 for 8 (50) Manjural Islam Rana 76*, Mohammad Salim 43; Arafat Salahuddin 3 for 22
Barisal 116 all out (44.5) Mohammad Manjural Islam 3 for 20

Khulna steamrollered the Barisal batting lineup, with their strong attack proving simply too good for a weak away side. Manjural Islam Rana, the international all-rounder held the Khulna innings together with support from number eight Mohammad Salim.

Rajshahi beat Sylhet by 7 wickets
Sylhet 162 all out (45) Moniruzzaman 48, Alok Kapali 39; Kamrul Hasan 4 for 34
Rajshahi 166 for 3 (44.3) Farhad Hossain 89*, Naeem Islam 48*

Rajshahi maintained their unbeaten run in the OD NCL, easing to victory after the Sylhet batsmen, other than Alok and Moniruzzaman, performed poorly. Having stuttered to 34 for 3, Farhad and Naeem consolidated before leading the victory charge.

Table
Batting Averages
Bowling Averages

The U19s TriNation Tournament continues...

Bangladesh U19 beat England U19 by 5 wickets
England U19 173 all out (46.4) R Woodman 55; Saqibul Hasan 3 for 25
Bangladesh U19 179 for 5 (28.3) Tamim Iqbal 112; R Hamilton Brown 3 for 37

Tamim Iqbal smashed 112 from 71 balls with 13 fours and six sixes

Thanks for the comments again, I hope you enjoy the latest reports. I'm a little worried about all the low scores though, it's either due to poor pitches or irresponsible batting, probably both.

Jungle Jumbo

Runs Flow Aplenty In National League in Round 3

NCL (FC) Scores, Round 3, Day 1 of

Chittagong lead Dhaka by 334 runs with 4 first innings wickets remaining
Chittagong 334 for 6 (90) Masumud Dowla 73, Gazi Salahuddin 47, Nazimuddin 86, Faisal Hossain 77*; Mohammad Rafique 3 for 59

Four Chittagong batsman scored fifties as the away side moved into a decent position at stumps. There were century partnerships between Masumud and Gazi, and Nazimuddin and Faisal. National opener and Chittagong captain Nafees Iqbal failed to cash in though; he made just 6. Aftab Ahmed, the international batsman, is absent from the Chittagong side.

Khulna lead Barisal by 305 runs with 2 first innings wickets remaining
Khulna 305 for 8 (90) Tushar Imran 34, Manjural Islam Rana 108, Saghir Hossain 56, Abdur Razzak 56

Manjural Islam fired his first century of the year, occupying the crease for 224 balls and hitting eleven fours and two sixes. He recieved support from both Saghir and Razzak as Khulna closed firmly in the ascendancy, especially given their prolific bowling attack.

Rajshahi lead Sylhet by 236 runs with 2 wickets remaining
Rajshahi 236 for 8 (90) Farhad Hossain 48, Naeem Islam 58; Hasibul Hossain 3 for 40, Enamul Haque jnr 3 for 53

The Sylhet bowlers made good progress in reducing Rajshahi to 197 for 8 before a brief unbroken revival. Naeem Islam continued his excellent form, and although several other batsmen made starts, none could pass the fifty mark. An interesting second day looms.

Bangladesh U19s appear to have hit a real winning formula...

Bangladesh U19 beat Sri Lanka U19 by 62 runs
Bangladesh U19 281 for 7 (50) Raqibul Islam 121, Medhi Hassan 35, Mehrab Hossain jnr 54; Weerasinghe 3 for 45, Karunanayake 3 for 66
Sri Lanka U19 219 for 7 (50) Mathews 97, Coory 39

Now that I'm a staff writer, would anyone prefer it if I put the daily NCL updates on the CW home page? It might help to attract the interest of other CW members.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We're not covering domestic stuff on the main page at present - we cut back on that over a year ago as the coverage was patchy and not doing it justice. We *may* bring it back soon as our staff team is in the best shape it's ever been, but that's something that needs to be much discussed further between the staff.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
That's six consecutive wins from the u19's...all coming against test playing nations. Good to see Rana scoring runs, he's not the most talented but a very determined cricketer.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
Definently backing Sylhet in. There the ones to take glory IMO.

Great work too, JJ.
Jack - I know you're a busy man, but any chance I could get your MSN? Wouldn't mind picking your brain re: a few things. Cheers mate.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Jack - I know you're a busy man, but any chance I could get your MSN? Wouldn't mind picking your brain re: a few things. Cheers mate.
He's away in Perth right now for an U19 tournament. Speaking of which, does anyone know if Cricinfo is covering it in anyway? I can't find it..