• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Wiseman is still there abouts, but with Patel & Bruce Martin emerging he's probably falling down the order now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm... seems like I'm the only one who isn't watching this. NZ would be mad to have Wiseman ahead of ANYONE in the Test pecking order.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well a few years ago he really was the only back-up option. It just shows you how dire our spin bowling was.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
What the hell is Smith going to achieve so close to the wicket? If he holds on to one, i'd be amazed.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ are in a bit of trouble if you ask me. We bat all the way to 11, but someone needs to keep the momentum going.

chalky

International Debutant
LOL @ Boucher celebrating the "wicket" of the free hit. I thought Kallis was supposed to be the thick one?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chalky said:
LOL @ Boucher celebrating the "wicket" of the free hit. I thought Kallis was supposed to be the thick one?
Well there's always the Witness... hero to zero inside 2 hours.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Graeme Smith throws away the match all on his own - brings himself on to bowl the 18th over with 20 needed, concedes them all, and amongst them was a six off a no-ball that was given because he only had 3 men in the circle. Not the best five minutes of his career as captain! :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That has to be one of the worst bowling changes ever! Two no-balls from an offie! That's bad in any form, but in 20/20 it's just criminal!

Oram's a big strong lad, isn't he? Not sure about his barnet now tho...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Adamc said:
:laugh: That'll teach Graeme Smith not to bowl himself at the expense of captaincy.
Ha, ha, ha! Couldn't happened to a nicer bloke! :p

He did bat superbly earlier, TBF. & I actually think bringing on a slower bowler wasn't the worst idea in the world, it was just a bit unfortunate he bowled such steaming dog plop! :D

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
20/20 or not...its first blood and psychological points to New Zealand.

I did think Langeveldt was impressive....he may be a worry in the ODI's for NZ with that inswinging yorker....particularly with the older ball in the 50 over game.

Still think NZ will be brimming with confidence going into the 5 match series though..and I still hold them as slight favourites

Tom Halsey

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Wow. Innings of two halves or what?!

Thought SA were cruising at 82-0 off 9, but fair play to Fleming, he had the stones to bring on Astle & Nathan gets the big scalp of Fat Gray. Good captaincy to give Adams a slip when he came back on too; fortune favouring the brave!

I like the look of young Patel, he's got a good change of pace, not afraid to give the ball some air & got some big turn to get thru Kallis. Some good bowling to the tail from Bond too, classic "you miss, I hit stuff". Always good to see a wicket cartwheeling backwards.

It's amazing how many times it's the slow bolwers that do the trick in 20/20 (all right, Pro20 if they insist...) isn't it? Boje has to come on & I bet Fat Gray bowls himself too. NZ clear favourites from here tho.
Prophetic words, indeed. :D

Zinzan

BoyBrumby said:
That has to be one of the worst bowling changes ever! Two no-balls from an offie! That's bad in any form, but in 20/20 it's just criminal!

Oram's a big strong lad, isn't he? Not sure about his barnet now tho...
He is a strong boy.....I like the way he clears his hip to hit through the legside.

Blaze

Banned
Didn't see any of it, not that interested in this type of cricket, but I probably will watch a replay of SA's innings to see how the bowlers went.

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Poor Graeme Smith threw away the game in the end…what was he thinking bringing himself on to bowl! Pollock and Ntini still had a couple of overs to go.Smith was scary at the start today…he really went after Bond and Mills. I think Fleming needs to start formulating a plan for him before the 1st match. Shane Bond’s 1st over was a shocker but it was good to see him bowling really fast and knocking down a couple of wickets towards the end. I’m hoping to see him rip through the South African top order on Sunday :D

Zinzan

I just read that Bracewell's ODI coaching record is 23 wins to 9 losses - with 6 of those losses being to Australia.....I didn't realise it was quite that impressive.

On the other side of the coin though his test record is a poor 6 wins and 9 losses with 4 of those wins being against minnows