Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "India should learn from England"

"India should learn from England"

India should learn from England

Very interesting article. At least I agree with most of what's said here. Sensible article from Indiatimes, for a change. A pity they made a slideshow out of it.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    The trend was to write articles with India should learn from Australia tags. Now they are doing it with England as well. Pathetic.

Better to concentrate on improving yourself than feeling despaired that a specific team is better and saying generally we should learn from them.

Imbibe aspects which can benefit the team from other cricket teams, mental stregth of other teams of other sports but making general statements w.r.t. a specific team never runs good on me.

You know, that's a very cool logo. The use of the stumps as an 'm' is quite innovative (from what I know).

Regarding the article LOL @ the Yuvraj and Pietersen photos. The rest is a bit of garbage really. Jones has been gutsy, but if ever I wanted Dhoni to 'learn' from someone, it'd be a better keeper. Bit hard for Nehra to learn from Jones when one has so much more talent than the other.

I thought the article was going to be about England's ruthless attitude and awesome planning heading into the series. Instead it was just player to player comparisons.
    Last edited by Jono; 09-09-2005 at 10:35 AM.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

State Captain
    I thought this was a very funny article.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    and apparently England lost the first test by an innings...
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Harbhajan Singh the right handed off spinner should learn from Giles!

And Pathan will be the Indian Freddie!

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Harbhajan Singh the right handed off spinner should learn from Giles!

And Pathan will be the Indian Freddie!
    The keeper comparison was good

State 12th Man
    He along with the England management were responsible for taking the tough decision of taking Pietersen on board and leaving out the experienced Graham Thrope
    Well, "Thrope" himself has said that he was replaced by Bell, not Pietersen... and I don't think kicking him out for Bell was a good idea at all.

EDIT:

Actually, I don't know what the hell this article is about. All it's saying, basically, is that India should play well. That's not genius-level stuff.
    Last edited by Isolator; 09-09-2005 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    The trend was to write articles with India should learn from Australia tags. Now they are doing it with England as well. Pathetic.

Better to concentrate on improving yourself than feeling despaired that a specific team is better and saying generally we should learn from them.

Imbibe aspects which can benefit the team from other cricket teams, mental stregth of other teams of other sports but making general statements w.r.t. a specific team never runs good on me.
    What is wrong in modelling your team based on a successful unit? Sure, the Indians should play well but they can only be limited by the plan they play to. The idea is not to copy the players, man for man, but to copy the model, plan for plan.

That model being?

The article said nothing about any model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    You know, that's a very cool logo. The use of the stumps as an 'm' is quite innovative (from what I know).

Regarding the article LOL @ the Yuvraj and Pietersen photos. The rest is a bit of garbage really. Jones has been gutsy, but if ever I wanted Dhoni to 'learn' from someone, it'd be a better keeper. Bit hard for Nehra to learn from Jones when one has so much more talent than the other.

I thought the article was going to be about England's ruthless attitude and awesome planning heading into the series. Instead it was just player to player comparisons.
    I do agree, the keeper comparison is needless. The English have been doing well not because of their keeper's contributions, but despite his inadequacies. Interestingly, they mentioned Dhoni as a Test contender. Maybe Indiatimes didn't think too high of Karthik?

As for Nehra and Jones, both are equally talented, but the initiative and leadership on one side is a lot greater than on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    That model being?

The article said nothing about any model.
    That article may not have said anything, but the model of the England team is definitely worth copying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    That article may not have said anything, but the model of the England team is definitely worth copying.
    Certainly the English werent saying stuff like this when India beat Australia in India and then went on to draw the series down under. Which is why they have been able to forge their own pathway to success.

It is okay to copy/try and emulate certain aspects but blindly copying a whole system, and proclaiming an article is nice just because it lends that idea (without specifying properly) is not some thing which is to be advocated in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    Interestingly, they mentioned Dhoni as a Test contender. Maybe Indiatimes didn't think too high of Karthik?
    Do you really think they put that much of a thought into it all?

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    The guy who wrote it thinks Tresco is better than Sehwag. 'Nuff said.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information