• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia 'A' in Pakistan

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Have Pakistan A named their sqaud yet, if it is similar to the one that came to Sri Lanka, they are going to give the Aussie a run for their money.

chaminda_00 said:
Have Pakistan A named their sqaud yet, if it is similar to the one that came to Sri Lanka, they are going to give the Aussie a run for their money.
And what makes you think that way? The Aussie A team contains players like Hussey,Tait, white, Bracken and Watson. A bowling attack comprising of Tait,Bracken and Watson can give headaces to couple of international team.

I beleive they will annihilate the Pak A team.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
And what makes you think that way? The Aussie A team contains players like Hussey,Tait, white, Bracken and Watson. A bowling attack comprising of Tait,Bracken and Watson can give headaces to couple of international team.

I beleive they will annihilate the Pak A team.
Considering most of the Pak A is likely to be made up of the side that won the last U19 World Cup, plus a couple of guys just on the fringes. I would say that their current 'A' side is on paper the 2nd 'A' team in the world, behind this Australian Team. Also Cameron White is nothing special at present, don't read too much into the hype talked about him. And you think Watson is going to create headaces to any half decent batsmen in the world.

Choora

State Regular
Players to watch out for in this series,

For Australia.... TAIT, Bracken,Watson and Hussey ( all 4 can be part of Australian team in near future).Tait seems to be a highly talented bowler, Hussey might even be given a chance in 5th test match, and i believe Watson will be groomed for future.

For Pakistan..... Hasan Raza, Bazid Khan,Mohd Irsaad and Yasir ali.

Raza is a good batsman. Irshhad and Yasir generates pace but still lacks control.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mister Wright said:
He'll only have success with the white ball.
If anything, I think he`ll do very well in FC matches, with moderate OD success.

Beleg

International Regular
Bazid Khan is pretty much **** at the moment. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the national team.

Hassan Raza should be groomed to take the place of Inzy once he retires from the side, provided a better prospect doesn't appear.

Domestic circuit is about to start in earnest, and it's a tough comeptition this time so we'll see how things go.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
He'll only have success with the white ball.
Bracken can definately swing the red ball. I realise he didn't do it in the tests against India, but he certainly did it last year in the Pura Cup. I would be surprised if he couldn't do so in Pakistan.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What are pitches like in Pakistan? I`m assuming good for pace, when looking at the great Pakistani bowlers. But then again, Pakistan is right next to India and Bangladesh.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
What are pitches like in Pakistan? I`m assuming good for pace, when looking at the great Pakistani bowlers. But then again, Pakistan is right next to India and Bangladesh.
Flat, dry and abrasive. It's usually extremely hot and humid as well, and the ball will swing both conventional and reverse, and will turn later in the match.

However, I think that it's early in the season in Pakistan, which means the pitches might be a bit underdone and there will have been more rain around than usual, so maybe they'll be a bit green and not much like the traditional Pakistani pitches.

Beleg

International Regular
Basically what Fiaap said. A lot will depend on whether the moonsoon rains hit the playing centres though.

Choora

State Regular
Beleg said:
Bazid Khan is pretty much **** at the moment. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the national team.

Hassan Raza should be groomed to take the place of Inzy once he retires from the side, provided a better prospect doesn't appear.

Domestic circuit is about to start in earnest, and it's a tough comeptition this time so we'll see how things go.
How is Irsaad doing at domestic level, any idea?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
looking foward to see how the likes of Watson, Tait, Jaques, Cullen & White perform in particular on this tour since those are the up & coming talented youngsters who will embody the next genearation. Bracken should not be forgotten since he could become an important part of the aussie attack in the future.

I must say i think Mitchell Johnson should have been picked on this tour, really disappointed that he's just on standy........

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Bracken should not be forgotten since he could become an important part of the aussie attack in the future.

hope not....

i too am dissapointed Johnson didn't get picked, he probably didn't have enough FC games to warrant it though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That Pakistan squad will take some beating! Phwoar! That's a real test for the A-Team, especially on their home turf.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
i told you, pretty good squad on paper like Australia, but both have to be able to perform near their best to win this series i think.Only noticable ommission i can see is Hasan Raza (the guy that made his debut at 14/15), he done pretty well for them in the past in 'A' Series. Very surprised he didn't make the squad, i guess he must have lost form in domestic cricket. No Wasti either but i guess that has to do with Butt and Hameed coming into the squad.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
i told you, pretty good squad on paper like Australia, but both have to be able to perform near their best to win this series i think.Only noticable ommission i can see is Hasan Raza (the guy that made his debut at 14/15), he done pretty well for them in the past in 'A' Series. Very surprised he didn't make the squad, i guess he must have lost form in domestic cricket. No Wasti either but i guess that has to do with Butt and Hameed coming into the squad.
That squad includes six players who played tests against Australia last summer though, including Asim Kamal who is one of Pakistan's best batsmen and Sami who is practically a test veteran. It's definately not your normal 'A' squad.

Anyway, should be some interesting games.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
That squad includes six players who played tests against Australia last summer though, including Asim Kamal who is one of Pakistan's best batsmen and Sami who is practically a test veteran. It's definately not your normal 'A' squad.

Anyway, should be some interesting games.
Is it the same Sami though? I thought the one that toured Aus was Mohammad, the player in the list posted by Aussie is Muhammad. Could just be a typo, or with the amount of similar names in Pakistan could be a different player.