• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What a game My team won

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
Like the guy who ran me out for 27 on my 18th birthday by calling a single to a misfield at silly mid-off. It was either stand my ground or sacrifice myself and let him stay in. I sacrificed myself, he made 65* and we won by 66 runs. Not a bad call, I think. :D
Yes, but that's not him failing to respond to his own call!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Yes, but that's not him failing to respond to his own call!
Yeah I know. But he's one of the people who probably knows a bit about it, I wasn't citing it as an example.

And it was him failing to respond, anyway - for a split-second. He called "yes" as he drove it (very hard, admittedly), then didn't actually run because he saw it had gone to silly mid-off, then when silly mid-off partially misfielded (the ball went about a yard to his right off his right wrist) he then proceeded to get halfway down the wicket before saying "no", and then running anyway, by which time I was almost level with him having been told to back up well, and with no idea what was going on, I thought it best to at least try for the run - there might have been a horrible ****-up, and the other guy was a better bat than me anyway. I was out by yards.

cricket player

International Debutant
When you sometimes want to do well you tend to not take risks,

The second run out as you see in the score card wasnt my fault,I clearly said NO! loudly and the guy was still was beggine me to run,I did not wanted to take the run then Why FORCING me?And He was the one who was upset,I was clearly disappointed because he was a good batsman from their I thought we will lose the match,but Me and my captain put up a 50 partnership to snatch the game away from a tough team with good bowling line up exept from the wides though,Dont know by they were putting alot of wides,

It is good to play a nice little knock along with your Captain and taking the team home with a win againts a tough team,It was a nice feeling at the end of the day,You should have been their watching those sixes,He hit one sixe which almost hit a car then the next one was out of the park I was really impressed the captain is one hell of a player,

Not kidding but he can play for India and still do well.

cricket player

International Debutant
He thought I was older,

I am sure steds that you are aware that i am not from an english speaking country so why bother posting such a insulting post?

I have lost all the respect for you.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Only if you had read it more carefully, he did say that first one was his fault. 8-) And yes I do find his posts interesting.
And if you read my post more carefully (which, let's be honest, shouldn't be that hard - it's only two lines), I didn't suggest the first one wasn't his fault. I was asking how someone doesn't respond to his own call.

dinu23

International Debutant
Voltman said:
And if you read my post more carefully (which, let's be honest, shouldn't be that hard - it's only two lines), I didn't suggest the first one wasn't his fault. I was asking how someone doesn't respond to his own call.
thats easy enough.
the striker calls for a run. non striker responds. but the striker stands his gorund. hence 'not responding to his own call.'

cricket player

International Debutant
Voltman said:
Basically I made a mistake which every one else makes including You.
Yes It was my fault calling for a run which wasnt a one The fielder got to the bowl much more quicker then I thought and the non striker did not backed up.

I did the right thing my saving my wicket because I was the person who had to stay their in order to win the match :happy: so he had to sacrifice in order for us to win the match and at the end we did win the match and I was sorry for what I did and both of them said "it doesnt matter we won the game"

:)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cricket player said:
I have lost all the respect for you.
:laugh:

Sean, you have sunk to the lowest level. :D

Don`t worry Fardin, I hear you buddy. No doubt you`d walk straight into the Indian team, anyone who scores 17 should.

When`s your next game?

King_Ponting

International Regular
cricket player said:
No you wouldnt struggle,

I was saying you would struggle to make runs because of the thick grass aussie,

Cricket is not easy to play no matter what team or what level you are playing you have to know how to bat well in order to makeruns and know how to bowl well in order to take wickets.

I am playing againts 25 year olds playing as quick as they can.

This is like playing under 17 in england or australia I assume,
Okay here is a scorecard from a U17 district match http://cricket.resultsvault.com/cricket/reports/match.asp?matchID=65773

You make the comparison

cricket player

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
:laugh:Don`t worry Fardin, I hear you buddy. No doubt you`d walk straight into the Indian team, anyone who scores 17 should.

When`s your next game?
My next game is this sunday on saturday we are practicing and on thursday I have another practice,

saturday I will have to go to the under 19 practice :)

You must be kidding me Nnanden walking straight to the indian team after making 17 hahahha,

No mate 17 is nothing,It is just the begining of what is to come from me in next few years :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
King_Ponting said:
damn it seems u have to be a member in order for it to work........ dont worry about it then.
Nah, you don't have to be. You just have to customise the site first. You'd have to give out your name and/or club to CP, so that he can type it into the search page. It takes you straight into the search page, that's all.

King_Ponting

International Regular
ok cp customize the site for any of these teams joondalup, gosnells, perth, south perth, waneroo, mount lawley, willeton.

Go to matches top right hand corner

Pick a season ie 2004/2005

Make it a U17's match when selecting the grade..... and have a look for yourself and make the comparison.

Legglancer

State Regular
King_Ponting said:
ok cp customize the site for any of these teams joondalup, gosnells, perth, south perth, waneroo, mount lawley, willeton.

Go to matches top right hand corner

Pick a season ie 2004/2005

Make it a U17's match when selecting the grade..... and have a look for yourself and make the comparison.
Hey Mr Ponting .... Are you trying to burst a 15 year olds bubble ? 8-)