• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What a game My team won

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
Speak for yourself...

How does one not respond to his own call?
Only if you had read it more carefully, he did say that first one was his fault. 8-) And yes I do find his posts interesting.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Voltman said:
How does one not respond to his own call?
There's plenty of players in my team who could explain how. :D

Like the guy who ran me out for 27 on my 18th birthday by calling a single to a misfield at silly mid-off. It was either stand my ground or sacrifice myself and let him stay in. I sacrificed myself, he made 65* and we won by 66 runs. Not a bad call, I think. :D

King_Ponting

International Regular
It doesnt seem to me that cp plays a high level of cricket if 36 wides are the go..... Sounds more like 9th grade community cricket here in WA and even they dont concede that many wides

Barney Rubble

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
so you would have won regardless?
Yeah - I'm not trying to claim I won the game for us by running myself out, that would be kind of a stretch. :D

But it would have been much closer (probably - I was getting to the stage in my innings where I start to lose concentration and throw the bat a bit, so I'd have got out soon anyway) had I stood my ground.

cricket player

International Debutant
King_Ponting said:
It doesnt seem to me that cp plays a high level of cricket if 36 wides are the go..... Sounds more like 9th grade community cricket here in WA and even they dont concede that many wides
yes I do play in a high level,

I play with 25 year olds and I am 15 years,lets face it out of 6 of the bowlers 3 of them played first class cricket in India,

The bowlers were Quick and swinging the ball crazy,I am not saying that I did well and all that,but I did what I can to take the team home with a victorie and that is called team player rather then being your own self and thinking about scoring runs by hitting big shots

You see Any type of batsman from England,Australia will struggle to make runs in these pitches,

The grass is thick,
The pitch are meant to be for the bowlers,
Extreme heat
etc
etc

Hell if the grass was like the lords ground i would have ended up making half centurie :) because I hit so many good shots that ended up being only 2 runs it would have been 4 in a good grass root out field.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Maybe you Aussie,but I didnt meant the england team lol they will murder us :)
no i was refering to me & other youth cricketers over here, if we had to play in those conditions in club or school cricket we would struggle....

cricket player

International Debutant
No you wouldnt struggle,

I was saying you would struggle to make runs because of the thick grass aussie,

Cricket is not easy to play no matter what team or what level you are playing you have to know how to bat well in order to makeruns and know how to bowl well in order to take wickets.

I am playing againts 25 year olds playing as quick as they can.

This is like playing under 17 in england or australia I assume,