• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are your Super Series sqauds?

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Natman20 said:
TEST
Sehwag
Vaughan
Dravid
Lara
Tendulkar
Flintoff
Sangakkara
Murali
Vettori
Harmison
Ntini

ODI
Sehwag
Afridi
Tendulkar
Lara
Dravid
Flintoff
McCullum
Vettori
Murali
Akhtar
Ntini

A bit strange but I think it would be quite a good combo

shoaib is definetly(spelling?) going to be in both sides i guess!he will be really fired up against australia IMO.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
007 has to be there !!!!!

I heard thorugh the media that although not picked in the initial squad that Bond could still be selected....Anyone else know if the original squad is final???

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
zinzan12 said:
007 has to be there !!!!!

I heard thorugh the media that although not picked in the initial squad that Bond could still be selected....Anyone else know if the original squad is final???
Give him a bit more time - he's only just come back. If he maintains form against better sides, then definitely bring him in.

Zinzan

marc71178 said:
I'm assuming you're only talking ODI's here as he doesn't deserve to be near the Test side.
Of Course...his test record is so ordinary isn't it 8-)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Test Squad
Virender Sehwag
Graeme Smith
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Jacques Kallis
Andrew Flintoff
Brendon McCullum
Mark Boucher
Shaun Pollock
Shoaib Akhtar
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan
Anil Kumble

ODI
Chris Gayle
Sachin Tendulkar
Inzamam-Ul-Haq
Brian Lara
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Jacques Kallis
Kumar Sangakkara
Shahid Afridi
Shaun Pollock
Abdul Razzaq
Shoaib Akhtar
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan

Few unlucky people, but they would be my 14s.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Test Squad
Virender Sehwag
Graeme Smith
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Jacques Kallis
Andrew Flintoff
Brendon McCullum
Mark Boucher
Shaun Pollock
Shoaib Akhtar
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan
Anil Kumble

ODI
Chris Gayle
Sachin Tendulkar
Inzamam-Ul-Haq
Brian Lara
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Jacques Kallis
Kumar Sangakkara
Shahid Afridi
Shaun Pollock
Abdul Razzaq
Shoaib Akhtar
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan

why do u want both keepers in the test side?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
why do u want both keepers in the test side?
Just usual that if you're picking a 14 man squad you have a backup keeper. I suppose since it's only one test though, you could replace him with Ntini or something.

Zinzan

marc71178 said:
I'm assuming you're only talking ODI's here as he doesn't deserve to be near the Test side.
Its not so much a matter of whether or not he's done enough to deserve his selection given he's just come off a 26 month lay-off, its whether the selectors of the rest of the world squad want the best bowling attack.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Test Squad
Virender Sehwag
Graeme Smith
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Jacques Kallis
Andrew Flintoff
Brendon McCullum
Mark Boucher
Shaun Pollock
Shoaib Akhtar
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan
Anil Kumble

ODI
Chris Gayle
Sachin Tendulkar
Inzamam-Ul-Haq
Brian Lara
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Jacques Kallis
Kumar Sangakkara
Shahid Afridi
Shaun Pollock
Abdul Razzaq
Shoaib Akhtar
Steve Harmison
Muttiah Muralitharan

i dont think 2 keepers will be picked since its just one test, Ntini could fit in their

I would have Smith in their in front of Gayle for sure, plus KP in front of Dravid :-O & its touch & go for me with Harmy & Bond in the ODI side.....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
Its not so much a matter of whether or not he's done enough to deserve his selection given he's just come off a 26 month lay-off, its whether the selectors of the rest of the world squad want the best bowling attack.
well then you cant pick because he during Bond's 26 month lay-off other bowlers have stepped up & deserve to get the nod over him in the test XI mate.

Zinzan

aussie said:
well then you cant pick because he during Bond's 26 month lay-off other bowlers have stepped up & deserve to get the nod over him in the test XI mate.
Yes fair point, However If i was the selector (assuming the selectors of the rest of the world actually want to beat Australia) I'd want the Best bowling attack full stop. Regardless if Bond has just come back. Obviously if they don't think Bond is one of the best bowlers then they shouldn't pick him, but if they do think he's good enough then the lay-off should be irrelevant

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Tests
Sehwag
Smith
Dravid
Lara
Tendulkar
Kallis
Flintoff
McCullum
Muralitharan
Akhtar
harminson
12th man: Bond

One day
Sehwag
Gayle
Tendulkar
Lara
Pietersen
Flintoff
McCullum/Sangakara
Bond
Harminson
Akhtar
Muralitharan

Zinzan

southern man said:
Tests
Sehwag
Smith
Dravid
Lara
Tendulkar
Kallis
Flintoff
McCullum
Muralitharan
Akhtar
harminson
12th man: Bond

One day
Sehwag
Gayle
Tendulkar
Lara
Pietersen
Flintoff
McCullum/Sangakara
Bond
Harminson
Akhtar
Muralitharan
IMO Bond is a far superior allround bowler than Aktar....Mainly due to the top 2 inches

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i dont understand how people would pick Pietersen in the ODI sqaud & leave out Dravid?????

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Report here in Australia is that Smith will captain the World XI in the Test. But that's by Robert Craddock, who went on to say that it was a "snub" to Tendulkar and Lara, and then described Lara as the current WI captain. That man really really annoys me. It was also reported that John Wright would be coach.

But they didn't have a clue about who the ODI captain would be, so take what you will (in other words, not much) out of that.