Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention SCG Members

Attention SCG Members

Don't know how many of you there are at CW

Anyway, as a member of the SCG ( I'm not a snob btw ), I recently received info regarding the Super Series. Basically to get a decent seat you need to buy a ticket for a reserved seat or line up at 5am. And if you leave your seat you have to put a sticker on it and you only get one sticker a day.

I feel jipped and that the Trust has too many members. Being a member is stupid when getting a seat is like a competition whereas the general admission have a reserved seat all day and can show up at anytime. What is the advanatge for us members ?

Quote Originally Posted by burkey_1988

Anyway, as a member of the SCG ( I'm not a snob btw ), I recently received info regarding the Super Series. Basically to get a decent seat you need to buy a ticket for a reserved seat or line up at 5am. And if you leave your seat you have to put a sticker on it and you only get one sticker a day.

I feel jipped and that the Trust has too many members. Being a member is stupid when getting a seat is like a competition whereas the general admission have a reserved seat all day and can show up at anytime. What is the advanatge for us members ?
    Can you go to Swans matches free? (I know you like the no neck game )
    You know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    Can you go to Swans matches free? (I know you like the no neck game )
    Well, you pay the membership fee and can go to any sporting event there for free on the day. So yes basically.

And i'll have you know I also like the Mexican game ... finally St Kilda look good after a few poor seasons since making the GF in 97 I beleive it was

Oh, I don't know. Maybe getting into all the other matches cheap/free? (I'm not sure how it works up there)

That reminds me of the guy who wrote into the Herald Sun whinging about having to pay $20 for the Tsunami game, because he paid his membership fee at the start of the year and thought that the $20 should have come out of that.

Admittedly, he wrote in afterwards talking about how fantastic a match it was, and saying that the contention of his previous letter was misplaced.

Simply, it's a special event and special rules apply. And (I'm guessing that you're a junior member) you know who would not be getting memberships if you believe that "the Trust has too many members"? Juniors.

And you don't think that getting a seat is like competition - even moreso! - for those in general admission in the first place?

But you're right as rain about that sticker thing, that's utter hogwash.

Well, you pay the membership fee and can go to any sporting event there for free on the day. So yes basically.

And i'll have you know I also like the Mexican game ... finally St Kilda look good after a few poor seasons since making the GF in 97 I beleive it was
    Yes the Saints look the goods (even though I wrote them off earlier in the season) I also enjoy the game of thugs. Go the 'Green Machine"

Better mention the Cricket or James will be upset. I can't believe this match will gain official Test status. What about the World team that visited England in the late 60s and Oz in the early 70s?

Well, at the SCG all general public seats are reserved all day, so there is no competition for them

I feel jipped
    I've always known the word as jibbed. Not jipped.

Melbourne, Sydney difference?

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shounak
    I've always known the word as jibbed. Not jipped.
    It's meant to be gypped and is a racial term that relates to gypsies having the reputation of tricking people out of their money. Of course, it's evolved now, and most people don't know of the racial origins of the term.

International Debutant

I bought a ticket ages ago!! Are you going to go to any more matches as a member, or have a strike against the public admission's reserved seats

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    It's meant to be gypped and is a racial term that relates to gypsies having the reputation of tricking people out of their money. Of course, it's evolved now, and most people don't know of the racial origins of the term.
    Hey, good post. I knew about the spelling, but not about the origins.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Hey, good post. I knew about the spelling, but not about the origins.
    Useless knowledge is my specialty.

Nicely done.

But I decided to consult another source, Google.

The definitions here astound me, only one of them come close Yanks!

A more trusty source also disagree's, Dictionary.com .

jib ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jb)
    intr.v. jibbed, jib·bing, jibs
    To stop short and turn restively from side to side; balk.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Origin unknown.]
    And another site came up trumps

think about the chicks he's jibbed
    --
    This one word has left me etymologically challenged..

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    The term now is Gillespied
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Bud Dum Chish?
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Dydl
    I bought a ticket ages ago!! Are you going to go to any more matches as a member, or have a strike against the public admission's reserved seats
    I'll go as a member, but a disgruntled member who shall be writing a letter of complaint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information