• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I really don't care if this doesn't deserve a thread, but...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
*sigh* my highest this season is still 3* out of 8 attempts :huh:
not even taken that many wickets this year - been bowling mostly rubbish due to bowling slower than i wanted...added 4 paces to the run up...now am going for about 3 an over instead of 5 8-)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You guys giving advice, you seriously missed the tongue-in-cheek point of this thread. Seriously.

Anyway, Neil's beyond coaching. Beyond any help, really.

:D

cricket player

International Debutant
King_Ponting said:
Yet you average less than 30?
yup I bat at number 6 that is why,but it cant be an exuse can it?because bevan average over 50 batting at number 5,

I will probably get it 30+ some way or the other,

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
cricket player said:
yup I bat at number 6 that is why,but it cant be an exuse can it?because bevan average over 50 batting at number 5,

I will probably get it 30+ some way or the other,
I doubt it ...

P.S. This post does not mean to encourage you to rant about your incredible skills.. It's just my opinion

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What a difference five miles makes...

As most of you know, I`m a poo batsman. Statistically anyway. :p My highest score is 47 in a school match, and my most recent scores are 0* in 50 minutes, 21 and 15*. So I`ve been trying to up my batting a touch.

So yesterday, I hired an indoor court and a bowling machine with a few mates. My bowling felt great, that was cool. And batting! I started the machine at 50mph, and slowly had it moved up to 75mph, and I was amazing comfortable. Especially my offside play, I was suprising myself. But as soon as it moved up to 80mph, I was screaming like a little girl. Out of say, the ten balls I faced, I hit two. One was a nick through to the `keeper, and one came back off an inside edge and smacked me in the knee. The other eight were wild play and misses. 5 miles was all it took. Where`s your limit?

cricket player

International Debutant
I use the bola machine for batting practice,

at speed of 75mph I easily play it,It is very had to dig out the yorkers at such a speed but you will rarely get and of those yorkers in any match,

Yeah speed of 80mph is fast but it is all about getting use to it,
Then you will able to play it with eas.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Keep in mind that 80 mph on a bowling machine is much quicker than 80 mph in a game, because in a match the ability to follow the ball in the bowler's hand makes a hell of a difference, as opposed to coming out of some black space.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The best fun I've had with a bowling machine is putting it up to 100, and getting a bucket of tennis balls. You put a piece of fibreglass type of material, or a glossy wooden plank, about halfway down and aim the ball machine at it and bowl bouncers. Without the plank, the ball comes off the surface too slowly. The tennis balls don't really hurt, and as well as practicing ducking and weaving, you try to pull and hook without the fear of having your head caved in.

cricket player

International Debutant
Yeah vic That is what i was guessing it cant be that fast the 80mph thanks for letting me know,

I usually face 70mph when I am playing cricket I am sure you have faced deliveries at 80mph in a cricket match,

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
vic_orthdox said:
The best fun I've had with a bowling machine is putting it up to 100, and getting a bucket of tennis balls. You put a piece of fibreglass type of material, or a glossy wooden plank, about halfway down and aim the ball machine at it and bowl bouncers. Without the plank, the ball comes off the surface too slowly. The tennis balls don't really hurt, and as well as practicing ducking and weaving, you try to pull and hook without the fear of having your head caved in.
We put it on 100mph, and the three of us stood behind the bowling machine. I didn`t even see it go down, but only saw it when it hit the net and started rolling back towards us.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cricket player said:
Yeah speed of 80mph is fast but it is all about getting use to it,
Then you will able to play it with eas.
Bobbery, I will never get used to 80mph. That is some damn scary stuff. Which is why it`s weird that I was so confident against the 75mile stuff. Hmm...

King_Ponting

International Regular
If you guys want to really practice your technique i suggest putting it on 90mph and placing it at approximately half volley length. Nah the highest i have faced is the 100mph which i faced for 3 delieveries, of those 2 hit me and one hit the bat. And yeh it really hurts when they hit ya specially when they hit you on the thigh pad, some protection that gives you......... Nah when i am really serious about ironing out any creases in my batting i usually set the ball machine at 85 to 87 starting off with half volleys and then after i get a bit of confidence moving onto some random lengths. The trick is, that u have to adjust to picking the ball and its length up as soon as it comes out of the bowling machine, which is a lot harder than picking the ball up from the bowlers hand.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
King_Ponting said:
...i usually set the ball machine at 85 to 87 starting off with half volleys and then after i get a bit of confidence moving onto some random lengths.
Dude, I admire you. Damn crazy I say...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cricket player said:
Wear everything from tie pad to arm pad to chest pad to everything,

It makes your game very good yar.
I don`t have all that stuff for starters. I think I`ll stick to my 65/70mph offside cuts and drives thankyou. :D