• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh no Warnie not another one

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Likewise. Though it is slightly disturbing to consider that Warne was once (circa 1997) considered to be a serious captaincy contender.
I still think Warne is the best on-field captain Australia has at their disposal now. Obviously these days he's a bit too old and his off-field problems have kept him from the job, but he's got a very astute cricketing brain (even if he is a doofus off field) and would make a great captain, in my opinion.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I remember going to meet players in 96 and not knowing of the affair when I saw Bijlani in the hotel.

It wasnt public knowledge for a long time and Azhar did get legitimately divorced and yet faced so much of thrash from every one.

Would you say Dravid or Laxman, if they keeps having *** with different women and keeps messaging after the marriage and such is proven, he will be able to play for India and burning of their effigies and protests wont occur? Will they be able to play? No.

As some one said, different cultures, different norms.
How old were you in 1996 ? And I dont care if he was divorcing his wife or courting Bijlani in his free time. He still remains one of my all time fav. Indian batsman. And no I dont care if Lax/Dravid were having *** with different women as long as it doesn't affect their performance on the field. ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slow Love™ said:
It may be that Warne has an actual addiction. I remember that James Woods had that kind of problem, where no matter how much he tried to resist, the urge to have casual *** with strangers was just too much. I think Michael Douglas may have had a similar condition.

I recall that the rumors were that James Woods had a huge penis, so it'd be interesting to compare notes on Douglas and Warnie's dimensions. It might explain how a chubby git like Warnie can convince an otherwise reluctant woman to join him on a bed when he strips naked.
The reports suggest the exact opposite actually. Both the recent ladies are on record as being v underwhelmed by the Warne trouser snake. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Personally too, I wouldnt want the player to represent my country.
Personally I don't give 2 hoots what a person does off the pitch so long as it doesn't harm his performance on the pitch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
How old were you in 1996 ? And I dont care if he was divorcing his wife or courting Bijlani in his free time. He still remains one of my all time fav. Indian batsman. And no I dont care if Lax/Dravid were having *** with different women as long as it doesn't affect their performance on the field. ;)
I was 14 following cricket for 5 years :D

Azhar is one of my favourite cricketers too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
viktor said:
what about ganguly and nagma...it was pretty obivous those two were going around....
i don't think a cricketer's personal life should have any bearing on whether they play or not.
warne's case is sad only because it has led to the breakup of his marriage...at any rate, he brought it upon himself...
Ganguly joked on the topic and it was brushed before it could gather steam.

C_C

International Captain
Well i dunno how the BCCI would respond today, but i remember reading about Subhash Gupte scandal that destroyed his career.
There was an allegation that he raped a hotel employee somewhere in IND- the allegation was dropped eventually when the girl finally revealed that Gupte hadnt even touched her..but that was years later and Gupte never played a match after that allegation...Gupte was the star of his team too- arguably the greatest leg spinner of his era and one of the best ever with a superstar reputation( just to give an idea of his reputition, both Bedi and Chandra were interviewed by starsports a few years back and they both blushed when compared to Gupte and said Gupte was easily much better than them).
But that was in the early 60s..........40 years is a long time but the last time there was a big scandal, it was the end of a superstar's career in India.

King_Ponting

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
The reports suggest the exact opposite actually. Both the recent ladies are on record as being v underwhelmed by the Warne trouser snake. :p
Actually in the last report the lady said that warne was definantely above average, so that suggests a bit of overwhelmment on warnes behalf.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
Well i dunno how the BCCI would respond today, but i remember reading about Subhash Gupte scandal that destroyed his career.
There was an allegation that he raped a hotel employee somewhere in IND- the allegation was dropped eventually when the girl finally revealed that Gupte hadnt even touched her..but that was years later and Gupte never played a match after that allegation...Gupte was the star of his team too- arguably the greatest leg spinner of his era and one of the best ever with a superstar reputation( just to give an idea of his reputition, both Bedi and Chandra were interviewed by starsports a few years back and they both blushed when compared to Gupte and said Gupte was easily much better than them).
But that was in the early 60s..........40 years is a long time but the last time there was a big scandal, it was the end of a superstar's career in India.
There is a simply mammoth difference between an allegation of rape and effectively cheating on your wife, though. Not to say an Australian would necessarily have their career ended by a rape allegation today, but it would be a much bigger deal than Warney just cheating on his wife again.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
It may be that Warne has an actual addiction. I remember that James Woods had that kind of problem, where no matter how much he tried to resist, the urge to have casual *** with strangers was just too much. I think Michael Douglas may have had a similar condition.

I recall that the rumors were that James Woods had a huge penis, so it'd be interesting to compare notes on Douglas and Warnie's dimensions. It might explain how a chubby git like Warnie can convince an otherwise reluctant woman to join him on a bed when he strips naked.

Warne should have left his wife long ago - if it wasn't for his family, I'd have no problem with this behaviour (where it's not harrassment), and all of this has obviously been very hurtful to his wife. It's probably for the best now that he's single and can do what he wants. He certainly has no grounds to blame the press for ruining his marriage. I just hope it doesn't affect his bowling.
So many unpleasant mental images running around inside my head after reading Slow Love's post...

Craig

World Traveller
Adamc said:
Likewise. Though it is slightly disturbing to consider that Warne was once (circa 1997) considered to be a serious captaincy contender.
And he could have been a fine one if he wasn't playing up off field. He clearly has a fine cricketing brain when he is on the field.

However this goes out the door when play is over.

Craig

World Traveller
FaaipDeOiad said:
I still think Warne is the best on-field captain Australia has at their disposal now. Obviously these days he's a bit too old and his off-field problems have kept him from the job, but he's got a very astute cricketing brain (even if he is a doofus off field) and would make a great captain, in my opinion.
Wow I posted the same thing, so it is obvious we where thinking on the same lines, even without reading this post.

Chateu.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Craig said:
Wow I posted the same thing, so it is obvious we where thinking on the same lines, even without reading this post.

Chateu.
Warne would have been favourite for captaincy had he not been such a controversial figure aead of Ponting. A pity really.