• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricinfo Format

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's terrible IMO! Terrible! Everything was so reader friendly before and I'm really uncertain as to why this change came about.

See here: Don Bradman

What do you guys think?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It's terrible IMO! Terrible! Everything was so reader friendly before and I'm really uncertain as to why this change came about.

What do you guys think?
This is a summary page. They havent done away with the earlier details available with the basic or advanced filter. as in Don Bradman details

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It looks more professional and more simliar to other stats pages around the web. It going to take some time to get used but i don't think it is terrible.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It'd help if the font was a bit bigger, and it was easier to establish between lines. One stage I'm reading along List A, next I'm reading first class averages.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The best feature of the new design IMO is that you can search for players who haven't played Tests or ODIs, instead of having to go through the country pages.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure what's professional about it. I'm also not sure why they feel the need to conform to anyone's format. Cricketarchive still rocks the reader-friendly format AFAIK.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's fine apart from the stats are not very clear - they've gone for aesthetics over practicality.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I like the new format MUCH more.

Crisper and classier. I also like smaller fonts which may be a reason.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
I like the new format MUCH more.

Crisper and classier. I also like smaller fonts which may be a reason.
I've got my resolution set to 1280x960 so everything looks like a small font, I still can't believe so many people use 800x600 - everything looks so different (and pixellated). Maybe the new format looks better under a certain resolution.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scaly piscine said:
I've got my resolution set to 1280x960 so everything looks like a small font, I still can't believe so many people use 800x600 - everything looks so different (and pixellated). Maybe the new format looks better under a certain resolution.
Mine is 1024 into 768

Still the new format is tinier for me.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't know about a backward step but that about the format before being more user friendly is quite true if you ask me. However, i have no problem with it. Now they have put batting apart from bowling which i feel i an improvement from before

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Certainly doesn't look any cop on 1400x1050...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
It looks more professional and more simliar to other stats pages around the web. It going to take some time to get used but i don't think it is terrible.
Yes, I have to say familiarity with it and you'll have forgotten what it used to be like.

Natman20

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

What do you guys think?
I think its pretty good