• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For those who aren't English - which County side do you follow (if at all)?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Which county side do you follow/support?

I tend to follow whichever team has my favouite player of the circuit playing. Last year it was Durham where Martin Love played a few games, so this year it is Northants where he is playing now.

He got 112* in a recent four-day game, but unfortunately is out for 6 tonight in a 45 over game. :@

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
  • Leicestershire
  • Somerset
  • Warwickshire
  • Lancashire
  • Yorkshire
  • Nottinghamshire
  • Durham

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
membersstand said:
I am probably not qualified to state my opinion but i will say it anyway

My best teams are Essex [ Jefferson and Cook], Surrey [don't know why] and Hampshire [that former Saffie smasher - Kevin Pietersen ]. I would probably support Essex if they played the other two.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Lanchashire, i've followed them every since Murali was their even when he wasn't there. had a pretty crap season last season, they got regulated but i think if Murali can play half the season and Anderson plays most of the season i expect us to get back you to Div 1.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
One used to follow county cricket regularly till the eighties and early nineties, when all the top West Indies stars (my God how many were there !!) and all the Pakistanis played in England along with a smattering of stars from south africa and a few from Australia and new Zealand as well. It was a who's who of world cricket.

Whats particularly impressive is the number and quality of bowleing talent on display. Clearly the world was having a rich pool of bowlers (with West Indies providing a never ending stream of fast bowlers) and English cricket was the richer for it.

Surely it was worth following for a fan from India. when you add to these illustrious names, those of Boycott, Edrich, Gower, Gooch, Amiss, Stewart, Atherton, Hick, Alan Lamb, Graeme Roope, Gatting, Fowler, Botham, Greig, Randall, Knott, Fletcher, Wolmer, among batsmen

AND

Willis, Old, Hendricks, Lever, Botham, Dilley, Ellison, Miller, Emburey, Edmonds, Cook, Foster, DeFreitas, Devon Malcolm, Tony Greig, Cowans, Hemmings, Marks among the bowlers and its clear that bowling was far superior, overall in the 20 year period from mid 70's to mid 90's than we have today.

Hampshire :
- Wasim Akram
- Gorden Greenidge
- Malcolm Marshall
Surrey :
- Waqar Younis
- Intikhab Alam
- Geoff Howarth
- Carl Rackman

Sussex :
- Imran Khan
- Kepler Wesels
Glamorgan :
- Javed Miandad,
- Majid Khan
- Roy Fredricks
Kent :
- Asif Iqbal
- Steve Waugh (Somerset)
- Mark Waugh
- Terry Alderman (Gloucestershire)
Gloucestershire :
- Zaheer Abbas,
- Courtney walsh
- Alan Border(Essex)
Northamptonshire :
- Mustaq Mohammad,
- Curtley Ambrose,
- Sarfraz Nawaz
- Roger Harper
- Bishen Bedi
- Winston Davis
- Dennis Lillee

Somerset :
- Viv Richards,
- Martin Crowe,
- Sunil Gavaskar
- Joel Garner
- Aamir Sohail
- Greg Chappell
Lancashire :
- Clive Lloyd
- Hooper
- Colin Croft
- Geoff Lawson
- Patrick Patterson

- Ian Chappell
Derbyshire :
- Holding,
- Azharuddin
- Lawrence Rowe
- Venkitraghvan
- Ian Bishop
- John Wright
- Dean Jones
Nottinghamshire :
- Richard Hadlee
- Paul Reiffell

Worcestershire :
- Glen Turner
- Vanburn Holder
Middlesex :
- Desmond Haynes
- Jeff Thomson
Warwickshire :
- Alvin Kallicharran
Essex :
- Keith Boyce
- Salim Malik
- Merv Hughes

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hampshire mostly (don't know why really), and Surrey a bit because I spent some time there when I was in England.

Beleg

International Regular
Surrey. Used to watch them pretty regularly way back in 1994-95. Guess some of it has lingered on to this day.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Middlesex - In recent years they have picked some of my favourite players (Dawes, Klusener)
2. Kent - Apparently my family originates from there (Symonds)
3. Hampshire - The Australian foreign players (Katich, Warne, Clarke, Watson)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
bradman2005 said:
Nottinghamshire,because 2 of my favorite players played there
RJ Hadlee
CL Cairns
Ditto - although I only followed results in the paper up until the late 1990s. Don't really care now.

Craig

World Traveller
SJS said:
One used to follow county cricket regularly till the eighties and early nineties, when all the top West Indies stars (my God how many were there !!) and all the Pakistanis played in England along with a smattering of stars from south africa and a few from Australia and new Zealand as well. It was a who's who of world cricket.

Whats particularly impressive is the number and quality of bowleing talent on display. Clearly the world was having a rich pool of bowlers (with West Indies providing a never ending stream of fast bowlers) and English cricket was the richer for it.

Surely it was worth following for a fan from India. when you add to these illustrious names, those of Boycott, Edrich, Gower, Gooch, Amiss, Stewart, Atherton, Hick, Alan Lamb, Graeme Roope, Gatting, Fowler, Botham, Greig, Randall, Knott, Fletcher, Wolmer, among batsmen

AND

Willis, Old, Hendricks, Lever, Botham, Dilley, Ellison, Miller, Emburey, Edmonds, Cook, Foster, DeFreitas, Devon Malcolm, Tony Greig, Cowans, Hemmings, Marks among the bowlers and its clear that bowling was far superior, overall in the 20 year period from mid 70's to mid 90's than we have today.

Hampshire :
- Wasim Akram
- Gorden Greenidge
- Malcolm Marshall
Surrey :
- Waqar Younis
- Intikhab Alam
- Geoff Howarth
- Carl Rackman

Sussex :
- Imran Khan
- Kepler Wesels
Glamorgan :
- Javed Miandad,
- Majid Khan
- Roy Fredricks
Kent :
- Asif Iqbal
- Steve Waugh (Somerset)
- Mark Waugh
- Terry Alderman (Gloucestershire)
Gloucestershire :
- Zaheer Abbas,
- Courtney walsh
- Alan Border(Essex)
Northamptonshire :
- Mustaq Mohammad,
- Curtley Ambrose,
- Sarfraz Nawaz
- Roger Harper
- Bishen Bedi
- Winston Davis
- Dennis Lillee

Somerset :
- Viv Richards,
- Martin Crowe,
- Sunil Gavaskar
- Joel Garner
- Aamir Sohail
- Greg Chappell
Lancashire :
- Clive Lloyd
- Hooper
- Colin Croft
- Geoff Lawson
- Patrick Patterson

- Ian Chappell
Derbyshire :
- Holding,
- Azharuddin
- Lawrence Rowe
- Venkitraghvan
- Ian Bishop
- John Wright
- Dean Jones
Nottinghamshire :
- Richard Hadlee
- Paul Reiffell

Worcestershire :
- Glen Turner
- Vanburn Holder
Middlesex :
- Desmond Haynes
- Jeff Thomson
Warwickshire :
- Alvin Kallicharran
Essex :
- Keith Boyce
- Salim Malik
- Merv Hughes
Seriously mate you have too much time :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
used to follow Yorkshire when Boof was playing for them, now Hampshire with Warne and Katich :) oh and Durham, the team of Mike Hussey too :)

mainly where ever my Fav aussie players go :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Surrey.... They had so many stars in that side.... Lewis, Bicknell, Salisbury, Saqlain, the Holliokes, Brown, Stewart, Thorpe.... I enjoyed watching that side.