• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

King_Ponting

International Regular
pskov said:
Just a thought, surely Gilchrist will fire this innings. Just by the law of averages, he'll have to get at least a solid fifty sometime time this series.
U'd think so.... but surely a fast 100 from gilly is not the best thing for australias cause.... Its times like these that i wish we had an akash chopra........

Slow Love™

International Captain
social said:
Id prefer Monday but hey, any friggin scrap will do.
Haha, good point. With eleven overs to go in the day that really would be a case of diminished expectations. Perhaps I should have said "this innings". :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
pskov said:
Just a thought, surely Gilchrist will fire this innings. Just by the law of averages, he'll have to get at least a solid fifty sometime time this series.
god i hope it happens :unsure:

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
pskov said:

Edit: Didn't see your post there SL
Agree, he leaves little to chance does gilly, he would have been working harder than any of them studying the english bowlers etc. His keeping was very good, he surely will fire this innings.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
If the Aussies loose the Ahses they may as well not come home IMHO. They have been poor at best this series bar Warne, Injured-McGrath, and lee occasionally.

pskov

International 12th Man
Does anyone think that Clarke's lengthy stint in county cricket not too long ago has helped him hwne playing the swinging ball? That's the only thing I can think off seperating him and the rest when considering how comfotable he looks.

I suppose if that is the case, it only adds to the idea of calling up Hussey.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Demolition Man said:
If the Aussies loose the Ahses they may as well not come home IMHO. They have been poor at best this series bar Warne, Injured-McGrath, and lee occasionally.
And ponting mate....

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Very generous , can anyone tell me the motive behind bowling hackasprowicz at the tail ??
Trying to give him confidence ?? Doing the old man a favour ??

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Australia need these two to bat throught the day & get big hundreds tomoro for sure & the great Gilchrist has to fire, its the only hope Australia has of negating England sure chances of winning this test.

Note: Pup has to play the innings of his life......

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
pskov said:
Does anyone think that Clarke's lengthy stint in county cricket not too long ago has helped him hwne playing the swinging ball? That's the only thing I can think off seperating him and the rest when considering how comfotable he looks.

I suppose if that is the case, it only adds to the idea of calling up Hussey.
More likely that he's a special talent plus the standard of county cricket is pretty crap so there's not a great deal evidence that it does that much for your game after a while

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Demolition Man said:
Apparently Warne is also carrying a back injury. That's why he didnt bowl much yesterday.

King_Ponting

International Regular
abc commentators just said "and a little inside edge has saved katich". Interesting statement that, considering the 2nd and 3rd dismissals

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
aussie said:
Note: Pup has to play the innings of his life......
Usually some one from the opposite team has to play the inning of his life ala VVS in Calcutta. The fact that an Australian has to do it undermines the hole Australia find themselves in.

England were also in a bit of a hole with 5 down before the partnership of Jones and Flintoff.

Crisis separates the men from the boys. Can Australia show mettle finally? We will see in the next few days.