• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
F***in hell I've really had a gutful of these crappy decisions. The Martyn 'lbw' sticks in my head, and this one... I mean come on, you're an international umpire, you've got to get basic decisions right.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nuffy said:
I'm not suggesting that the umpires are biased, I'm not saying that, what I am saying is that Eng are getting all the 50/50's and having plenty of luck in general.
As shown by yesterday when the rain came with England well on top, and the result stop start brought Australia back in with 2 wickets?

Nuffy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So of course Eng are having any luck, Jones edges the first ball to Gilchrist and lo and behold....Bucknor doesn't give it out.

You blokes are kidding if you don't think that Eng are having a dream run.

How will you explain that away??????????????

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
As shown by yesterday when the rain came with England well on top, and the result stop start brought Australia back in with 2 wickets?
Come on Marc, even you have to say Australia is pretty unlucky after seeing that 'not out.'

Nuffy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Marc

So Mcgrath being out injured, then winning the toss on a featherbed, then Flintoff surviving a very strong LBW shout when on 8 and then the completely inexplicable decision for Jones isn't enough good fortune for you. What more do you want?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Snicko suggests it might not have been hit.

And that Flintoff LBW - very hard to have been given it IMO - too much doubt.
It didn't surprise me that he gave it not out, but I've got no doubt Dar would have given it. It pitched leg and straightened, and would have hit easily.

Either way there's nothing that you can do about it, but this partnership is hugely important and it's not a good time to get huge decisions like that wrong.

greg

International Debutant
What is clear is that he DEFINITELY hit the ground. Whether he hit the ball as well is very inconclusive. There was certainly no deviation by the ball.