• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who should lose their NZC contract?

Who should lose their NZC contract?

• Total voters

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
This is something we debated briefly in the NZ v. SL thread, and I thought it might be easiest to see CW's opinion in poll form. To save time most of the biggest names were given immunity, leaving 12 on the list.

Richardson's retirement allows you one free choice, but after that, every new player you think should be contracted (e.g. Franklin, J Marshall, Cumming, O'Brien, Adams, Aldridge, Fulton, How, Ryder, Taylor etc.), needs to have a vote put on someone who should lose theirs.

The 12-month period for these contracts includes: an 'A' tour of Sri Lanka, a tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa, the Chappell-Hadlee ODIs, and home series against Zim and possibly the West Indies. The list of 20 (with the actual order kept confidential) should be released towards the the end of the month.

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
Papps, Harris, Wiseman and Martin and Richardson of course..

For Franklin, Marshall, Cumming, Fulton and one other.. I would lean towards a youth player

amiller

Cricket Spectator
Martin is still showing signs of miniscule form. Even though doing horribly in the Australian series and showing extreme inconsistency throughout his career, he still can produce results such as his 4 wicket bag last week on a pitch doing nothing for the bowlers, not to mention his increasing skills with the bat.

If anyone should lose their contract, it is CZ Harris. He is out at the moment and doesnt provide much with fresh blood being brought in.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
psxpro said:
Kyle mills still deserves to be there.
Who doesn't? Macka, Zinzan and yourself have been disappointing snubbers of my poll so far. ;)

Here's what NZC have got out of Mills from his current contract, anyway -
Tests: 3, 1 wkt @ 189 with a 3.4 ER.
ODI's: 12, 15 wkts @ 32 with a 5.0 ER.

Granted it's probably more than Butler and Tuffey delivered (or Bond, if people want to be ruthless), but IMO Mills just doesn't really have the potential to make a full-strength NZ side.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
psxpro said:
Kyle mills still deserves to be there.
Why what has he done?? He has been given so many opportunites now I was beginning to wonder whether he and the coach were having an affair

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
Why what has he done?? He has been given so many opportunites now I was beginning to wonder whether he and the coach were having an affair
Oh come on - he's averaging almost 200...

... with the ball.... :laugh:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Papps will lose his contract to James Marshall. Richardson will make way for Vincent or Cumming & Harris will lose his to Franklin.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Who exactly are the current NZC contracted players? I thought Vincent was currently contracted. Aren't there 20 players?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Macka said:
Who exactly are the current NZC contracted players? I thought Vincent was currently contracted. Aren't there 20 players?
Yeah that's right - in my initial post I mentioned I'd left several names off, just having 12 of the 20 as realistic poll options.

anzac

International Debutant
while I voted for Mills, Harris & Papps, I doubt that Mills will loose his spot because of his ODI form as opposed to his Test form................

I would have liked to have included Macca as well, but Bracewell has already stated that Macca is still in his plans.........

of the newbies I can see only Cumming & J Marshall picking up contracts - I don't hold any hopes for O'Brien as he failed to oust Mills for this current Test and IMO will be consigned to the wilderness as such.....