• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Stomach XI

psxpro

Banned
This is not a fat XI ok.
This is a XI of the best players who have stomachs big compared to the rest of their body , like pop belly but doesn't mean fat.

I can't think of names but think about it.

deeps

International 12th Man
Wajatullah Wasti (he was wasn't he?)

David Boon
Inzimam Ul Haq
Arjuna Ranatunga

Merv Hughes

Edo Brandes

Link

State Vice-Captain
Anthony McGrath, Rob Key and Graham Thorpe is starting to look mischievously round these days 8-)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Here some big boys, my big stomach XI:

M Taylor
G Gooch
D Boon
I Ul Haq
A Runatunga (c)
M Gatting
I Healy (wk) (at the end of his career)
E Brandes
S Warne
M Hughes
M Muralitharan (have a look at some pictures with his shirt off, iceing that shoulder, if you don't believe me)

12th Man: D Lehmann

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Murali is a bit spurious for me, but people are forgetting Botham. He was quite rotund in his latter days.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Murali is a bit spurious for me, but people are forgetting Botham. He was quite rotund in his latter days.
I guess if i have Healy then Botham got a shot, but to be honest most guys that played after 35 were Mark Waugh, had a fair belly going, as did De Silva, Hashan and many others.

Kumar_42

Cricket Spectator
There was a batsmen from Bangladesh called Akram Khan whose profile by Simon Briggs on cricinfo starts with; "If you thought Inzamam was out of shape, wait till you see this bloke"... so i'd imagine he'd be another contender for your squad :D