• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who made their careers against india..

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
It has been known for long time that if a cricket player is out of form then ask them to play against india and they will get back their form or lengthen their career. I can remember few players who have made their careers against india in this way.Iam giving a list here.More can be added and similarly other teams can also be compared..
Pakistan- Afridi, Shoaib malik, saedd anwar.
England- Graham gooch, Mike gatting.
Aussies- Allan border, david boon,Mike whitney, Ponting
South africa- Peter kirsten, Fanie de villiers, Cronje.
Srilanka- Jayasuriya (matara mauler), ranatunga, aravinda de-silva
Zimbabwe- Andy flower.
New zealand- Danny Morrison, Nathan astle, Chris cairns, martin crowe.
West indies- Viv richards, carl hooper.
Hope it ends here.

:D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unattainableguy said:
Why Younis Khan?? Sure, he'd never played such long innings before the test-series against India, but that doesn't mean he was out of form.
That knock is the defining innings of the Test career.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Unattainableguy said:
Why Younis Khan?? Sure, he'd never played such long innings before the test-series against India, but that doesn't mean he was out of form.
From what i heard from pakistan newspapers is that younis khan's career is under threat if he would have failed in this series. So you can say that younis got a second life in his career becos of this series.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Nnanden said:
Michael Clarke :D
Though i would say that clarke started his career promisingly against india, lets see whether he is able to sustain it in his next tour to india.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say Craig McMillan can thank some generous bowling & the flat wickets of India which has helped contribute to an over-inflated test average.

masterblaster

International Captain
Travis Friend, Henry Olonga, Douglas Hondo and Andy Flower from Zimbabwe too. I remember Friend and Olonga completely troubling the Indian batting lineup many times, and Hondo has a lot of good bowling figures against us.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
neutralguy said:
It has been known for long time that if a cricket player is out of form then ask them to play against india and they will get back their form or lengthen their career. I can remember few players who have made their careers against india in this way.Iam giving a list here.More can be added and similarly other teams can also be compared..
Pakistan- Afridi, Shoaib malik, saedd anwar.
England- Graham gooch, Mike gatting.
Aussies- Allan border, david boon,Mike whitney, Ponting
South africa- Peter kirsten, Fanie de villiers, Cronje.
Srilanka- Jayasuriya (matara mauler), ranatunga, aravinda de-silva
Zimbabwe- Andy flower.
New zealand- Danny Morrison, Nathan astle, Chris cairns, martin crowe.
West indies- Viv richards, carl hooper.
Hope it ends here.

:D
Dennis Amiss - I vaguely remember him making his breakthrough out there in 1972/73, after he had never done a thing at test level previously

John Lever - 1976 and all that

Nasser Hussain - for his comeback 100 in 1996

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
Curty Ambrose didn't :p
Curtly Ambrose's career average was 12.40. He registered 26 ducks in 145 innings for a duck every 6 or so innings.

Against India he averaged 22.37. He never registered a duck in 11 innings played against India. He was out for less than 10 just once in that time.

You were saying?