• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
nightprowler10 said:
Yes, forgot the smiley.

Where are all the North Americans located on this forum? I'm in Illinois, SS is in Philly, you and Fraz (he's disappeared) are from Toronto IIRC. Where is Fusion from?
Well, I don't know but Dravid seems to be from Detroit (I am guessing, not sure), adharcric from California or some bay are (Once again not sure), SS is from Mars (pretty sure about that). Fusion, as he said, is from Texas. Where you from?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Matteh said:
Any vague notions of location yet Neil?
Personally I really couldn't give much, I can get pretty much anywhere given enough notice... so logically it has to be central UK to try catering for everyone - ideally someone in one of the central counties (Leicester, Warwick, Worcester, Stafford, Northants) plays for a club who'll they'll be able to persuade into it. The other option is for me to do what I do to arrange fixtures for Exeter University IV and email so many clubs that I eventually get a yes.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Goughy said:
A fact all of us in the Blue states sincerely wish was true
:laugh: I'm actually a Democrat so I feel your pain.

Neil Pickup said:
Get your own damn thread! This is important!
A bit grouchy aren't we? The thread went OT for just a little bit. Relax Neil, you can have your thread back. 8-)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
nightprowler10 said:
@Goughy, were you born in this hemisphere?
Nah, my wife is American and I have US citizenship through her and despite us working overseas for the forseable future our base and property is in the SF Bay Area

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Personally I really couldn't give much, I can get pretty much anywhere given enough notice... so logically it has to be central UK to try catering for everyone - ideally someone in one of the central counties (Leicester, Warwick, Worcester, Stafford, Northants) plays for a club who'll they'll be able to persuade into it. The other option is for me to do what I do to arrange fixtures for Exeter University IV and email so many clubs that I eventually get a yes.
My club is too far away from rail connections to be an option really, but this link may be of some help (more likely to be so nearer the season i think).
Warks. Fixture Bureau

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
i'm all for Birmingham, because that way, I can stay @ Matteh's place and be as cheap as I can(i'm dutch remember ?)

do we have any members in Birmingham area that could arrange a team to play.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Matteh said:
My club is too far away from rail connections to be an option really, but this link may be of some help (more likely to be so nearer the season i think).
Warks. Fixture Bureau
Looks good - have registered (cricketweb/cricketweb) but it won't let me log in. Can you see if you have any luck?

Nath Patrick IMO is terrible he didnt even make his school side at a fairly average cricket school I would no this as my Dad is the sportsmaster there.

You helped coach Patrick and were very enthusiastic in your cricket :p

Pickup you play 5th division or something?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Looks good - have registered (cricketweb/cricketweb) but it won't let me log in. Can you see if you have any luck?
You type in the login stuff click enter, and it just refreshes on the same page for me.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Matteh said:
You type in the login stuff click enter, and it just refreshes on the same page for me.
Same here. Then it says "not logged in". Grrr... give it a day or so to update the system then I'll whinge.