• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
apparently there is still 15-20 overs left in the day. if pakistan knock of 60 of those runs today, thats only 340 in a day. a huge target, but not impossible.
On the fifth day it is all but impossible, unless you have someone like Gilchrist or Sehwag going off. Remember that in a test the fielding captain can put all his fielders including the keeper on the bounday if he wants, or the bowler can bowl a negative line well outside off with a packed off-side field. Scoring at 5 or 6 an over in the dying overs of the match is all but impossible.

Pakistan saving the match is certainly possible though. My tip would be an Indian win, but it's far from a certainty.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
No...

The Indian target after the declaration was 293... that's a pretty significant total to chase in the fourth innings. To speak about it like an Indian victory was a foregone conclusion and say that Pakistan "escaped" is ludicrous... not that it isn't par for the course for you.
finally, someone sane on this thread! haha, so many blind Indian fans. some good points, but many outrageous ones.

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
wats all this talk about afridi if it can be done which it probably cant in this situation the one man who is the best pakistani to play cricket for pakistan ever inzi can be talked about not afridi

deeps said:
limited potential??? afridi? ok, u are seriously biased mate, he has unlmited potential. if he put his mind to it, he could be better than sehwag.

I was actually defending Afridi there, , i said he has limited potential coz he has no idea of shot selection.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
On the fouth day it is all but impossible, unless you have someone like Gilchrist or Sehwag going off. Remember that in a test the fielding captain can put all his fielders including the keeper on the bounday if he wants, or the bowler can bowl a negative line well outside off with a packed off-side field. Scoring at 5 or 6 an over in the dying overs of the match is all but impossible.

Pakistan saving the match is certainly possible though. My tip would be an Indian win, but it's far from a certainty.
agreed, agreed. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
krishneelz said:
wats all this talk about afridi if it can be done which it probably cant in this situation the one man who is the best pakistani to play cricket for pakistan ever inzi can be talked about not afridi
there is a high run-rate. Afridi hits big. He can lower that run-rate.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
honestbharani said:
And whoever told you that umpires don't consider batter's light requests juz because IT IS NOT IN THE RULES.
They don't.

And human nature actually means that if someone is going on about something that isn't their call they actually make their case worse.

The fact is the umpires are the judge of light, so no amount of whinging from the batsmen makes a difference.

infiniti said:
I would have liked to agree with you on that. But Afridi & Akhtar have been behaving badly for years before Pathan entered the Indian team. And all I would like to say in defense is that India needed to stand up to the sledging and bad conduct showed by the Australian and Pakistani players on the field. Btw, I rank Inzamam as the most well behaved and gentle man of all the cricket players at present. And I cant help myself from laughing when he says "Boyz are working hard."

Rubbish! Akhtar's doesn't misbehave with opponents, atmost its a friendly banter, his relationship with his captain is another thing.

Pathan in one onedayer misbehaved with Youhanna twice edging him with his elbow, Youhanna wasn't sledging atall. And there should be no excuse for such acts.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
there is a high run-rate. Afridi hits big. He can lower that run-rate.

He can indeed, however I don't think he has the temperament or shot-selection to stay at the crease long-enough to significantly blow big chunks out of the target.

We'll have to wait and see though. It's not worth trying to predict him :D

infiniti

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sehwag309 said:
I feel this ploy by Ganguly will win India the match, dunno why but get the feeling the Figure will play on Pak minds (everything said and done except afridi fator)
I agree with you. Pakistan just cannot play passive cricket. Afridi or no Afridi, odds are like 25/1 against them to save this test match according to me.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
vandemataram said:
Don't know why Afridi is opening, i would have send Younis instead, i'll be surprised if Afridi last till tomorrow.
I reckon that shows Inzy has a slight interest in getting the total.

What Pakistan needs right now is openers like Shoaib Mohd and Mudassar Nazar, who used to get gled to the wkt regardless of the slow run rate.

infiniti

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
vandemataram said:
Rubbish! Akhtar's doesn't misbehave with opponents, atmost its a friendly banter, his relationship with his captain is another thing.

Pathan in one onedayer misbehaved with Youhanna twice edging him with his elbow, Youhanna wasn't sledging atall. And there should be no excuse for such acts.
Wat do you say about Akhtar deliberately standing across the way while the batsmen are trying to run for runs. I am not saying Pathan is a gentleman and I did not appreciate his act against Youhana but I would have wholeheartely supported it against Afridi.

infiniti said:
Wat do you say about Akhtar deliberately standing across the way while the batsmen are trying to run for runs. I am not saying Pathan is a gentleman and I did not appreciate his act against Youhana but I would have wholeheartely supported it against Afridi.
How can you say that was deliberate, even if it was i can tell me many incidents when a bowler has been found in such a situation, Akhtar cannot be bashed just coz of that.

Pathan's behaviour was far more ugly than that of Afridi, coz Pathan was getting physical.Also considering Afridi's aggressive nature and his strength if Pathan would have acted in such a manner with Afridi it would have ended up in a wrestling match.You sure you want that?