• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v World XI

sportychic33

State 12th Man
cric_manic said:
put marshall at 3 put sinclair at 4 and carines at 5

what would dropping styris do to help him get form before australia if he dosnt preform against the world XI then maby drop him but to drop a player befor a series against australia.this series is perfect for players like styris who are lacking in form to show the selectors they deserve there spot in the team and i belive styris is one good preformance away from his best
well if they put marshall at 3, sinclair at 4 and cairns at 5 . .then where are you going to put styris?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Marshall's days at 3 are probably over for the minute...he looks pretty good at #5 right now.

I believe he's better off at #5 where it breaks up the hitters a bit. If Marshall was #3 we'd have Styris at #4, Cairns presumably at #5, Oram at #6 & so on.

Sinclair looks alot better to be honest...he's not knicking everything behind the wicket when he first comes out to bat which is a good sign. He could easily be NZ's #3 for the next 4 or 5 years if he works hard.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Wilson IMO is a big-match player. The tougher it gets, the easier it will be for him. As far as pressure is concerned..he's done it all before with the All Blacks & to some extent cricket so he'll be used to it.

Basically, if we ever wanted to see what Wilson was going to be like again..this is the best time to do it when stats, rankings and whatever don't count.

Loony BoB

International Captain
re the earlier post, I'd rather see Mills playing at the death than anyone right now, especially in the last over or two... ;)

Craig

World Traveller
Tim said:
Wilson IMO is a big-match player. The tougher it gets, the easier it will be for him. As far as pressure is concerned..he's done it all before with the All Blacks & to some extent cricket so he'll be used to it.

Basically, if we ever wanted to see what Wilson was going to be like again..this is the best time to do it when stats, rankings and whatever don't count.
That's fair enough.

It will be interesting to see how he goes.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
New Zealand Goverment will give $1000 per boundry in the series and $5000 per six towards the tsunami (Along with all the money they have already given)

shaka

International Regular
MoxPearl said:
New Zealand Goverment will give $1000 per boundry in the series and $5000 per six towards the tsunami (Along with all the money they have already given)
Nice gesture, where did you hear that from?

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Sounds good.

Maybe it's not as good as the 3 Mobile (or mobile 3, whatever) 1000$ per run, or Toyota's $50,000 per six, but it's pretty damn good!

That's 3 matches = 1200 runs if the pitches are reasonable, that's 24000$, plus boundaries, let's say 75, which is rather small, that's another 75K, and, assuming the likes of Astle and Cairns fire, 20 sixes - there's another 100K, so that adds up to nearly 200,000$ on runs & etc alone. Sounds good, and there could be alot more.

So let's hope we don't have the same kind of matches that we had when India toured us in 2002 - 2003.

Any word on incentives for the bowler?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
honestbharani said:
I am amazed that people are not more excited about the prospect of watching Warnie and Murali bowl in tandem. NOW would be the best way to compare and contrast them and if not, at least enjoy two of the greatest spinners of all time bowling together for one team. It is one of my two cricketing dreams come true. The other one is to watch Lara and Sachin bat together.
I agree with everything said in that post. I'm very much looking forward to these games. Murali + Warne is droolworthy, and I eagerly await a possible Lara and Sachin partnership later this year in the Australia vs. ROW series.

Dreams are coming true :)

bryce

International Regular
andy flower injured and out of the series, interesting replacement named - craig spearman

shaka

International Regular
bryce said:
andy flower injured and out of the series, interesting replacement named - craig spearman
It'll be nice to see how well he can transform his domestic success in England to the international game. May provide NZ with a wake up call if he does well, and they would rue their decision to ignore him.

bryce

International Regular
well he recently hit out at NZ cricket because of their poor pitches and sub- standard facilities - so he'll have an excuse if he doesn't do well(not that it's feasible IMO)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointed that Flower isn't coming, was really looking forward to seeing him play.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Should be an interesting series although expect New Zealand to dominate having said that there are some qaulity players in that World XI Squad, Warne and Murali in tandom will be great to watch.

dinu23

International Debutant
I thought the reason for this series is to find lost revenue, but by the looks of it, NZ cricket board doesn't seem to have money problems.