• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Team in 8 years

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
just out of intrest what happened to michael hussey ?

wasnt he meant to be an up and coming aussie batsman?

Dydl

International Debutant
Just no place for him in the elite xi at the moment, as is the case obviously with many other top class performers.

godonnygo

Cricket Spectator
Mr Casson said:
Younger than that I think.
Nope, he's 30 in May. I think he played a one dayer last summer but doesn't look like a Test batsman IMO. He's got a good average (around 50) but the problem is he plunders p*ssweak county attacks, which are just not up to international standard. In the pura cup, he belted 210 against the South Australians (who are absolute shockers, even though they have Rofe and Tait in their attack), but against the good teams he's done nothing. Not up to Test standard.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
KennyD said:
LOL!

I rate him as a player, though not competing at the national U-19 level I cant say too much as his ability with other players going around. Disgusting mouth he has though.

And yeah Josh Mangan is very good, he perhaps kept my school mate Chris raimondi out of the Australian rep side couple of years back. Raimondi made his 1st grade debut for last year at 17, but has s ince dropped to 2nds.

Oh Leggie of course.
I think I know Raimondi, does he play for Valley?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
godonnygo said:
Nope, he's 30 in May. I think he played a one dayer last summer but doesn't look like a Test batsman IMO. He's got a good average (around 50) but the problem is he plunders p*ssweak county attacks, which are just not up to international standard. In the pura cup, he belted 210 against the South Australians (who are absolute shockers, even though they have Rofe and Tait in their attack), but against the good teams he's done nothing. Not up to Test standard.
whaaaaaa????

hussey is a gun! as is his younger bro :)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
godonnygo said:
I think you'll find he got that double against Tasmania. Who are by no means shockers.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stumbled upon this thread as part of my procrastination, was an entertaining read so figured I'd bump it up. Some calls in here that look pretty bang on so far in terms of Ferguson, Clarke, Watson, Hauritz and Johnson, while others like White, Tait, Krezja, Doherty and Cosgrove have all played for Australia at some stage. Loving the fact that virtually everyone was listing White down the order as a spinner though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's probably a 12-year-old kid somewhere in Sydney who will be 20 in eight years time, and all the media will be screaming for him to be selected every time he scores a run... bit of a pointless exercise, really :)

amazing predication.

andyc

Team for the next 8 years, anyone? Obviously a wild stab in the dark, but will be interesting to see how these turn out. Have included each players' age in 8 years.

Maddinson (26)
Hughes (29)
Khwaja (31)
Ferguson (33)
Smith (29)
M. Marsh (27)
Paine+ (33)
O'Keefe (33)
Siddle (33)
Copeland (32)
Hazelwood (27)

Hilfenhaus at 35 could possibly still be going on, but I doubt it. Also not sure about Marsh, but couldn't think of another middle order bat off the top of my head at 3 in the morning.

social

Team for the next 8 years, anyone? Obviously a wild stab in the dark, but will be interesting to see how these turn out. Have included each players' age in 8 years.

Maddinson (26)
Hughes (29)
Khwaja (31)
Ferguson (33)
Smith (29)
M. Marsh (27)
Paine+ (33)
O'Keefe (33)
Siddle (33)
Copeland (32)
Hazelwood (27)

Hilfenhaus at 35 could possibly still be going on, but I doubt it. Also not sure about Marsh, but couldn't think of another middle order bat off the top of my head at 3 in the morning.
Starc is only 21 atm