• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worst fielder ever"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mark my words, he dropped a couple in India and New Zealand in 2001\02 that beggared belief.

Don't actually recall him dropping anything of note in Australia in 2002\03.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthew Hayden skied one to deep extra cover at Brisbane and Vaughan spilled an absolute dolly off Craig White. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was thinking it had to be Hayden in said Test, trouble is he was dropped about 4 times that innings, so most of them are just a blurry blur.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deepdas Gupta? :huh: Has only ever been spelled Deep Dasgupta where I've seen. Are there two alternative spellings?
You are right. My mistake. Dasgupta is a Bengali surname while Gupta is a North Indian surname. Deep Dasgupta is a Bengali.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
There was a chap named Durani who played for India in the 60's/early 70's who had a reputation for not fielding hardly at all unless he was required to bowl. It was a reputation first given to him by Ted Dexter so it might have been dressed up a little. (In those days you could bowl a spell and then leave the field "injured" and there were no rules preventing it or any stipulation saying you couldn't come back and bowl again straight away.)
I too thought of Durrani but he wasn't really a poor fielder just terribly lazy. He was a brilliant close in fielder but he was easily the most laid back cricketer India has ever produced. Ganguly is brimming with energy as compared to Durrani if he wasn't in the mood.

sunilreddy

Banned
Here is a great Indian Fielding side

1. Navjot Siddhu
  2. Deep Dasgupta (keeper)
  3. Saurav Ganguly
  4. Vacancy 1
  5. Vacancy 2
  6. Vacancy 3
  7. Mahajkumar of Vijayanagram (captain)
  8. Ashish Nehra
  9. Romesh Powar
  10. Munaf Patel
  11. Chandrashekhar

Nominations for the three vacancies please :)
Abey Kuruvilla

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mark my words, he was awful - bad enough when you make your Test debut at 46, but when you were never any good ITFP it's worse.

Could bowl, though - and how.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are we sure it was Vaughan that dropped Hayden? I remember Vaughan misfielding in the first over, but pretty sure it was Hoggard that dropped Hayden.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggard dropped one at mid off in that innings but I'm sure Vaughan dropped an even easier chance at deep cover.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of a dig, but Saeed Ajmal is holding his hands up (and failing to take the chances offered) here big time.